Respected Contributor

Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for dry, thin, frizzy, straight hair

I don't know what's going on with my hair! As I've gotten older, it's VERY DRY, frizzy, THIN, and won't hold any curl! When I was younger it was way to curly and now it's straight! I've tried different products and nothing seems to help. I roller set it. Yesterday, I washed it with the Skinn shampoo and conditioner, deep conditioned it with Madame C.J. Walker conditioner and roller set it on small rollers with Nick Chavez's setting lotion. Sat under the dryer to condition it and then to dry it. It looked like it had curled when I took the rollers out but then when I combed it, every one fell out!  I just don't know what to do!😱😰

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for dry, thin, frizzy, straight hair

"Finger-comb" your hair, then spray it, it will stay in longer. I also use a texturizer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for dry, thin, frizzy, straight hair

Suave Professional shampoo & conditioner.

Never sit under a dryer if you have dry hair.  Always air dry your hair.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher

Sulfates...which are in most shampoos are terrible for your hair.

I stumbled upon this years ago when I was looking for something to use when we went camping.

CF436E7F-3606-4B79-8970-B9AC4FD37D22.jpeg

This is their most recent version and I LOVE it. It is all natural, no sulfates. Hair soft and thick. Lasts a long time. Not expensive at all. I get it at my local health food store but it’s available online as well. It can be used for your body as well if you want. 

Respected Contributor

@StarpolisherAre you possibly using products that are high in protein? Too much protein can cause dry brittle straw- like feeling hair. If so, stop those and go to moisturizing products until your hair feels healthy again. You may need to find the right protein/moisture balance for your hair. 

Respected Contributor

I burned my hair with the Dafni brush earlier this year and my hair was very dry and frizzy. I had a wedding to go to so I opted for a Keratin treatment with the original Chocolate formula. It saved my hair. I'm growing it out but all the damage is completely gone. My hair is silky and smooth again. If a keratin treatment is not for you, try kertain products, unless as someone else noted, excess protein is your problem.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Suave Professional shampoo & conditioner.

@Mz iMac

I finally got around to trying the Almond + Shea Butter and it's a dependable product.  Is there another you recommend?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee

I alternate between Coconut Milk & Almond/Shea butter.  My dry hair/scalp loves both.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to look for a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't have protein and see how that works. I already started pin curling, using spray and then finger combing(thanks @wishmoon) my hair and that is better so far. Thanks again!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Paul Mitchel Tea Tree lavender and their other noisture poos. Suave macadamia white orchid is also good