Trusted Contributor
I have a similar curling iron. They are easier to use because it does the winding for you, but I found my hair really got dried out from using it. I have wavy frizzy hair anyway that dries out easily, so that factored into it. Also, the one I have you only get the pin curl type of wave is the best way I can describe it. With mine you're not really free to create any kind of different curl. If you're not careful with sectioning it well, You can get your hair stuck in it.
Respected Contributor
I use hot rollers.
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I'm not adept at using curling irons or flat irons -- at all.

I saw these different looking curling irons and they claim to be much easier to use.

I don't know how to post pictures but one I was looking at was called - CHI Spin N Curl Ceramic Rotating Curling Iron and was on sale for $49.99 at amazon.  

Does anyone have experience with these kind of curling irons?  Are they hard to use and do they really work?  

If not, what kind would you recommend?

I have shoulder length, slightly wavy hair which is medium thickness and basically all one length with the exception of my bangs which I am trying to grow out.

I really don't want to spend more than $50 if possible.

Thanks! 

I buy mine from Amazon, I think they are the 1nch size, have teeth in them, and I have shoulder length hair. They are called "Helen of Troy, very eazy to use, maybe 30 dollars not sure. I've had mine for years, and just bought 2 more, one for basement and one for go away bag. Easier than an iron.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I saw these different looking curling irons and they claim to be much easier to use.

I don't know how to post pictures but one I was looking at was called - CHI Spin N Curl Ceramic Rotating Curling Iron and was on sale for $49.99 at amazon.  

Does anyone have experience with these kind of curling irons?  Are they hard to use and do they really work?  

I have shoulder length, slightly wavy hair which is medium thickness and basically all one length with the exception of my bangs which I am trying to grow out.

Thanks! 

I buy mine from Amazon, I think they are the 1nch size, have teeth in them, and I have shoulder length hair. They are called "Helen of Troy, very eazy to use, maybe 30 dollars not sure. I've had mine for years, and just bought 2 more, one for basement and one for go away bag. Easier than an iron.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thanks! 

Update  Helen of Troy  1 inch   $19.12 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I thought about that but I didn't want to feel pressured into buying things!  I don't really know what I want my hair to do -- something besides what it's doing!  LOL!  It's not wavy enough on its own to look pretty, just crazy!  I don't think I want to go really curly, but thought nice heavy waves might be good.  And then I thought maybe really straight would be nice?  As you can see, I am very undecided?? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I haven't used a curling iron or a flat iron in ages.  As I posted earlier, I don't know what i want to do really.  I posted quite a long time ago about using a heat protectant and when I did, my hair was making a crackling noise and kind of smoking and that scared me --- is that natural??  So I quit!  

The spin curling iron I posted about claims it will not tangle, but I guess, how can you be sure? 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa 

That sounds interesting, so I will have to go over there and see about it --- thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

I usually just get my hair trimmed and that's it!  No styling.  I guess I could wait until the next time I go for a trim and ask them what they think??  I tried heat styling products before and the sound they make and the smoking scared me --- was I frying my hair?  My hair does not have enough wave to be pretty, just crazy! 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I thought that kind of thing might be easier but the more I hear, the more inclined I am to not go with a spinning one!  I sure don't need to get my hair stuck in one and lose a bunch of hair!