Respected Contributor

Sadly there is no cure for crepey skin. It is a break down of collagen in the skin which usually happens with age but sun exposure really plays havoc on that. Some creams will give a slight improvement but nothing will totally will get rid of it. Some people rave about body brushing. You may want to try that.

Honored Contributor

There can be many reasons people develop creapy skin but a major contributor is medications.

I take prednisone for my asthma and even at very low doses it gives one many side effects - like weight gain around your mid section and creapy skin. However, since I prefer easy breathing over feeling I'm suffocating I put up with the side effects.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

HotandFlashy has a youtube video on this subject.  She recommended Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion which is 12% glycolic acid.  It's a 12 oz bottle and costs around $18. 

I've been using the Alpha lotion 12% for quite some time. Imo it's the best lotion for me. I usually wait until Alpha has their BOGO and that's when I stock up for the year. It keeps my skin very moisturized and virtually flake free with visibly less wrinkles. In other words...very smooth!Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

I am using the Alpha Hydrox Body Lotion also. Not a miracle worker but I definetly see an improvement. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Sadly there is no cure for crepey skin. It is a break down of collagen in the skin which usually happens with age but sun exposure really plays havoc on that. Some creams will give a slight improvement but nothing will totally will get rid of it. Some people rave about body brushing. You may want to try that.

@Tricolor  I tend to agree. I asked my derm after wasting a lot of $ on creams/lotions. Like cellulite...no cure.

Valued Contributor

I have really good luck using Cetaphil on my skin . It contains almond oil which has vitamins like c,a,and d and help the skin . I use it on my face. When I apply ot it does seem a bit greasy , I wait a few minutes and let some of it absorb, I have extemly dry skin . Then I take a kleenex and dab all the excess and leave a tiny bit which I then rub into my skin , The next morning my skin looks great , I get many compliments . I tell them cetaphil annd theyy don't seem to believe me . But thats it.

Cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

I found if I use an olive oil body scrub (philosophy) first and follow with a body butter my skin stays plumper longer. I do the scrub 3 times a week. I'm 67 and my arms just started to look crepy this fall.

Super Contributor

how about retin a for the body

Honored Contributor

wrote:

You can't restore elasticity to the skin.  Moisturizers help with the appearance but most of the products are ineffective and pricey.

@Kachina624   👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Honored Contributor

wrote:

If you have recently experienced considerable weight loss then crepiness can happen. Building muscle mass on your body with exercise may help to fill out the loose skin but won't make it go away completely. Other than a medical procedure, there really isn't any magical cream that will make it go away. 

@SilleeMee  ITA. Crepey skin is loss of elasticity, lack of collagen underneath the skin to fill it out and sun damage. Just like cellulite, it ain’t pretty, but not much we can do about it.