Honored Contributor

QVC must sell at least 100 various creams, at extremely high prices.

While I do use one (Olay) every day, I use it because my skin feels dry after I wash it.  A jar costs $11.

Any kind of cream, no matter how expensive, is not going to take away deep wrinkles, sags and bags.

Smoking, sitting in the sun, sleeping on one's side or stomach causes wrinkles, sags and bags.  Don't do these things.  If you are already doing them . . . stop.

Save your money for a good cosmetic surgeon.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree. Retin A and sunscreen can repair/prevent further damage.

Respected Contributor

High price doesn't necessarily mean high quality - I think some "over the counter" creams are just as good as the high priced ones.  Plus, you save a lot of money! 

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree For years I (and my late husband) used Oil of Olay.  I loved it.  If I didn't use (and swear by it) Dr. Denese I'd go back to Oil of Olay.  It smells wonderful and did good by me.

Honored Contributor

I tried to love Olay off and on over my many years.   The original pink lotion Olay stung my skin, so it's not an answer for me.  I did try a jar of their newer cream -  maybe $30 prior to a discount I had.  It turned out not to be much cheaper than the more expensive cream I buy elsewhere because that $25ish (at the time) jar didn't even last me 30 days.  Just like expensive clothes can be cheaper than inexpensive on a cost per good wearing, so can some beauty products.

I have some drugstore favorites, but I make no apologies for paying more for what works for me.  I actually get far more compliments on my skin now (I'm 75) than I did 15-20 years ago.  Besides I can see for myself what gives me results.   As for saving money for a plastic surgeon -   I could use nothing but Perrricone for the next 10 years and not spend what surgery would cost!  

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree

Did you mean to say any cream, no matter how expensive, is not going to take away....?

Most creams contain the same types of ingredients. I know I've used my share of a variety of creams, expensive and not so. (I think I could write a small book on creams/moisturizers.)

As I posted in another thread, Olay Regenerist is about as nice a cream as I've ever used, and that is what I am using now as my daytime moisturizer (I do not use any moisturizer at night.)

There is a sensitive version, which is the one I use, although I do not have sensitive skin. I think the difference being added fragrance in the original.

Yes, it is all those things you listed that we shouldn't do. And something we should do for skin appearance, function & health is to eat healthy, and exercise doesn't hurt, either.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@LilacTree For years I (and my late husband) used Oil of Olay.  I loved it.  If I didn't use (and swear by it) Dr. Denese I'd go back to Oil of Olay.  It smells wonderful and did good by me.

@Annabellethecat66

Yes, I love it also (Olay), and I have very smooth skin.  But I am getting jowly, my neck is a mess, and it does nothing for those things.  I am old now and just have to accept it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@LilacTree

Did you mean to say any cream, no matter how expensive, is not going to take away....?

Most creams contain the same types of ingredients. I know I've used my share of a variety of creams, expensive and not so. (I think I could write a small book on creams/moisturizers.)

As I posted in another thread, Olay Regenerist is about as nice a cream as I've ever used, and that is what I am using now as my daytime moisturizer (I do not use any moisturizer at night.)

There is a sensitive version, which is the one I use, although I do not have sensitive skin. I think the difference being added fragrance in the original.

Yes, it is all those things you listed that we shouldn't do. And something we should do for skin appearance, function & health is to eat healthy, and exercise doesn't hurt, either.

@Harpa

Yes, and I forgot . . . lots and lots of water!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Harpa

Yes, I noticed I forgot the word "not."  I edited my post.  Thanks for noticing.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTreeYou said exactly what I feel.  I get teased because I'm so open about my age.  What the hay?  It's not like I go around having it tatooed to my forehead.  I'm just not worried about who knows it.

I also have a jowl.  I saw some process on TV where they use light or something to help get rid of the jowl....then they said 'if you've had a neck operation, you can't get it'.  I've had my thyroid removed and I have suspicious growths they are watching....so I'll just gobble gobble through what's left...Ha!