Honored Contributor

Re: Cream Blush/Bronzer

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

Was trying the clinique chubby cheek blushes once and it just faded away so I threw it away--my fave powder blush is by Eizabeth Arden in peach sorbet-- my DD uses cream blush and loves it---maybe will try a new one now that a few brands have been mentioned here--

@wagirl - like you I had the fading issue in the past also.  Not sure what got me to try again.  I always use a primer under my foundation which may help?  This time though I've set my face with a setting spray - Milani - and maybe thats made the difference.  I spray some of the setting spray on a sponge and just gently dab it on my face - @Shanus told me about that trick instead of spraying it on the face and it works great.  Obviously, could just be I'm using a better product that works for me and the above is not it at all. LOL

@JudyL  @wagirl   If you want, you can spray setting spray before applying blush and after...at least 10" away so it doesn't bead up in droplets. If applying a powder blush or bronzer, I sometimes also spray the brush.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

Was trying the clinique chubby cheek blushes once and it just faded away so I threw it away--my fave powder blush is by Eizabeth Arden in peach sorbet-- my DD uses cream blush and loves it---maybe will try a new one now that a few brands have been mentioned here--

@wagirl - like you I had the fading issue in the past also.  Not sure what got me to try again.  I always use a primer under my foundation which may help?  This time though I've set my face with a setting spray - Milani - and maybe thats made the difference.  I spray some of the setting spray on a sponge and just gently dab it on my face - @Shanus told me about that trick instead of spraying it on the face and it works great.  Obviously, could just be I'm using a better product that works for me and the above is not it at all. LOL

@JudyL  @wagirl   If you want, you can spray setting spray before applying blush and after...at least 10" away so it doesn't bead up in droplets. If applying a powder blush or bronzer, I sometimes also spray the brush.

@Shanus - Thanks for the tip!  I may try that next time I use the cream blush/bronzer and never thought about spraying the blush brush when using powders.  Thank you!

Regular Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@katwoman219 - EM Cosmetics is the brand name and I buy directly from their website. Don't know if they are in stores or not.  Heard about them from a YTer.  While the cream bronzer and blush are nice, they have powdered blush, eyeshadows, etc., also.  

The Tarte duo - Pink Sands/Seychelles are, I think, fabulous.  There was one other choice offered but is for darker skin tones.

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

Michelle Phan is the founder of EM Cosmetics but I don't know what the EM stands for.  She is considered the original "beauty influencer" on YT.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@wagirl - like you I had the fading issue in the past also.  Not sure what got me to try again.  I always use a primer under my foundation which may help?  This time though I've set my face with a setting spray - Milani - and maybe thats made the difference.  I spray some of the setting spray on a sponge and just gently dab it on my face@Shanus told me about that trick instead of spraying it on the face and it works great.  Obviously, could just be I'm using a better product that works for me and the above is not it at all. LOL

@JudyL 

At what point in your make-up application do you do this?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@wagirl - like you I had the fading issue in the past also.  Not sure what got me to try again.  I always use a primer under my foundation which may help?  This time though I've set my face with a setting spray - Milani - and maybe thats made the difference.  I spray some of the setting spray on a sponge and just gently dab it on my face@Shanus told me about that trick instead of spraying it on the face and it works great.  Obviously, could just be I'm using a better product that works for me and the above is not it at all. LOL

@JudyL 

At what point in your make-up application do you do this?

@SurferWife  - I use setting spray at the end of my application.  Trying to think if I do it before or after powder.  If I do it before powder, then after powder I will do it again or just use a damp sponge where I powdered.  Hope this makes sense.  When I used to spray it directly on my face, it always seemed too much no matter how far away I held the spray.  I spray about 3 spritzes on a dry sponge and dab and sometimes repeat if I feel its necessary.  It seems to be working for me.

Respected Contributor
I dab setting spray with a clean beauty blender between each step of my complexion make up.
Honored Contributor

I tried using a cream blush today.  I said earlier in this thread that I hadn't had any luck with it.  I had picked up an Ulta brand cheek & lip product in a small fat tube on a whim last time I was there.  It was $10.  After applying all my makeup except highligher & finishing powder I patted it on and then used my fingers to blend.  At first, it didn't look like any applied, and then suddenly it was too much, but after I blended it, it was good.  I applied my highlighter and Hourglass powder. I was quite happy with it.  I checked it a few minutes ago (about 3:30 pm) and it does appear that a lot of it has faded.  But, I can't remember when I have actually needed my makeup to look good for hours on end.  It still looked good around 11:30 when I got home from church and changed clothes.

My eyeshadow still looks great though although some of the lower liner has disappered.  I have yet to find a Navy gel-type liner that doesn't migrate a little, so I usually end up running a finger under my eye to  get rid of the errant liner.