Honored Contributor

Well I admit I'm late to the game on these.  For so long I didn't like them as I thought they faded quickly and then I looked like I had no bronzer/blush on at all.

Don't know what's changed - maybe applying it differently or different/better product, who knows but I am loving them!  The last few days I have worn cream blush and bronzer and now I don't know if I want to go back to powders.  I love the look and ease of application.

The products I've been using are the TARTE duo I just bought - Pink Sands/Seychelles, EM Cosmetics bronzer in Terra and blush in Venetian Rose and today I used a liquid blush by Tarte called Peachy Pink with the bronzer from EM. I do like the TARTE duo better than the EM duo but the EM duo is still fine.

These cream products are giving my powder ones some serious competition. LOL

The other product I've been loving is MAC mascara Extended Play Gigablack Lash.  WOW does this make my lashes stand out and look great.  Love the small wand on it too.  

Trusted Contributor

I think cream blush looks more natural, too. 

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time telling how much I'm getting on.  You know the old time thing where girls would pinch their cheeks to get a natural blush?  Well, I don't even have to pinch my cheeks if I have no makeup on.  So, if I try to add blush, any rubbing onto my cheeks causes my cheeks to turn pinker.  After that goes away there's either too much blush or I'm looking to see if there is any there.  Since I wear a fairly sheer foundation I kinda have the same problem even with makeup on.  I tried a brush with the Tarte one in the compact, but I couldn't tell that any of it was going on my cheeks.  

Regular Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Well I admit I'm late to the game on these.  For so long I didn't like them as I thought they faded quickly and then I looked like I had no bronzer/blush on at all.

Don't know what's changed - maybe applying it differently or different/better product, who knows but I am loving them!  The last few days I have worn cream blush and bronzer and now I don't know if I want to go back to powders.  I love the look and ease of application.

The products I've been using are the TARTE duo I just bought - Pink Sands/Seychelles, EM Cosmetics bronzer in Terra and blush in Venetian Rose and today I used a liquid blush by Tarte called Peachy Pink with the bronzer from EM. I do like the TARTE duo better than the EM duo but the EM duo is still fine.

These cream products are giving my powder ones some serious competition. LOL

The other product I've been loving is MAC mascara Extended Play Gigablack Lash.  WOW does this make my lashes stand out and look great.  Love the small wand on it too.  

You've sold me on the Tarte duos.  What is EM cosmetics?  Thank You!

Super Contributor

EM Cosmetics....that's the brand's name....what the EM stands for.... I have no idea...

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I've had the same impression, they just seem to disappear on me. They do look nice on others but I pretty much made up my mind not to bother trying them anymore.  I probably have more blush compacts than I'll use up during the rest of my life!  Oh, but I keep getting them in assorted TSV kits 🤷‍♀️🙄🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JudyL I've had the same impression, they just seem to disappear on me. They do look nice on others but I pretty much made up my mind not to bother trying them anymore.  I probably have more blush compacts than I'll use up during the rest of my life!  Oh, but I keep getting them in assorted TSV kits 🤷‍♀️🙄🤦‍♀️

@JeanLouiseFinch - I'm out of room for more blush but that hasn't stopped me.  It should, but it hasn't.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@katwoman219 - EM Cosmetics is the brand name and I buy directly from their website. Don't know if they are in stores or not.  Heard about them from a YTer.  While the cream bronzer and blush are nice, they have powdered blush, eyeshadows, etc., also.  

The Tarte duo - Pink Sands/Seychelles are, I think, fabulous.  There was one other choice offered but is for darker skin tones.

Honored Contributor

Was trying the clinique chubby cheek blushes once and it just faded away so I threw it away--my fave powder blush is by Eizabeth Arden in peach sorbet-- my DD uses cream blush and loves it---maybe will try a new one now that a few brands have been mentioned here--

Honored Contributor

Re: Cream Blush/Bronzer

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

Was trying the clinique chubby cheek blushes once and it just faded away so I threw it away--my fave powder blush is by Eizabeth Arden in peach sorbet-- my DD uses cream blush and loves it---maybe will try a new one now that a few brands have been mentioned here--

@wagirl - like you I had the fading issue in the past also.  Not sure what got me to try again.  I always use a primer under my foundation which may help?  This time though I've set my face with a setting spray - Milani - and maybe thats made the difference.  I spray some of the setting spray on a sponge and just gently dab it on my face - @Shanus told me about that trick instead of spraying it on the face and it works great.  Obviously, could just be I'm using a better product that works for me and the above is not it at all. LOL