Valued Contributor

Re: Crazy question re: bath powder

What about putting the powder into your hands and patting it on that way? Sprinkling powder is, by nature, a messy business.
Trusted Contributor

I so enjoy adding powder before I go to bed sometimes on my pillow and sometimes just on my neck and arms and chest.  Why is it bad to use powder? 

Super Contributor

I always stand on a towel but I like the powder puff idea.  Have you considered any of the powders in spray form?  I get the Gold Bond one for my husband.

Super Contributor

I have this problem, too. I use baby powder (cornstarch, not talc) and a powder puff. No matter how careful I am, there is definitely some that gets in the air and ends up settling on everything. I have a very large bathroom. The last time I cleaned it, I decided to quit using powder cold turkey. Lol. Well, that lasted a couple of nights. I'm just really trying to be extra cautious, but don't think it's going to work.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your replies....and yes, it does end up settling everywhere no matter how careful I am, especially the cornstarch type. I've used the tip of standing on a towel, which does help. (After sending my Dyson back for service/repair,I was told not to vac talcum powder as it clogs. Have to drag out the old Electrolux for that). And no,I don't sprinkle it over my head; and I will try using a puff. Thanks for the helpful tips and for confirmation that I'm not the only one with this issue. One last point: Does anyone know how powder going down the drain might affect the septic system?
Honored Contributor

Am a powder user. I think if it is getting all over the bathroom you are using way too much. I sprinkle a small amount on my hand and apply it. I do see some in the bathroom, but it isn't all over everything.when I clean the BR I simply wipe it up. And, yes,you do need to use the non talc powders. I prefer Vagisil brand, it is unscented.

Respected Contributor

You really need to use a powder puff.  You can also do it in the shower with the curtain pulled to keep it from going everywhere if you are energetic about putting it on, even if you aren't energetic.  I pick up a cheap set of powders at WalMart with a puff included and use the power and puff then use my lavender Johnson's body powder.