Frequent Contributor

Crazy question re: bath powder

I use bath/body powder after every shower and end up with it settling everywhere in the room. If I use it in the (small) bathroom, it goes everywhere. In the bedroom it also settles everywhere, including the carpet. I've considered sprinkling it on while standing in the tub but don't know if it would be harmful to the septic system when rinsed down the drain. Does anyone have any suggestions to my admittedly trivial problem?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crazy question re: bath powder

I'd be worried that it is harmful to your lungs.

Honored Contributor

I think this is just a problem that goes along with using powder.  I wonder if using a powder puff would help?

Honored Contributor

I also use baby powder after showering; I avoid the problem you describe by standing on a bath towel and using a powder puff.
Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I'd be worried that it is harmful to your lungs.

I second this. Try not to breathe the powder in. This can be harmful to the lungs over time.

~Live with Intention~
Frequent Contributor

I use Shower To Shower after every shower. I put down a towel to stand on when I get out of the shower to dry off. I stand on the towel to put my powder on and I apply it with my hand instead of a puff. There's no powder cloud that way. It works for me!
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Honored Contributor

@Ladyrain wrote:
I use bath/body powder after every shower and end up with it settling everywhere in the room. If I use it in the (small) bathroom, it goes everywhere. In the bedroom it also settles everywhere, including the carpet. I've considered sprinkling it on while standing in the tub but don't know if it would be harmful to the septic system when rinsed down the drain. Does anyone have any suggestions to my admittedly trivial problem?

I don't understand why it's flying all over the place .......    Are you sprinkling it out of a bottle over your head, or using a puff ?    

I stand on my towel and puff it all over .... I found a gorgeous white ceramic  powder box on Ebay,  and bought a soft,  thick puff to apply it .... I don't see much powder flying everywhere.

Respected Contributor

I also use bath powder each day after showering.  I have tried everything from using my hands to a powder puff, standing in the shower or on a towel.  Nothing works.  I think t is the nature of the beast.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's just powder, ever used the vaccuum to get it up!   I don't bathe without using my bath powder afterwards, keeps me fresh, especially when it's hot!  If you are using enough to get in your lungs, you are definitely using too much!Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must be just that much crazier than you because the only way I can deal with it is to never use powder.  Just can not cope with it getting anywhere at all.  Same with hairspray.