Esteemed Contributor

Cover Girl Foundation Question

Anyone try any of the Cover Girl foundations (makeup).  Looking to try but so many choices, more than in the past.  I am fair and don't want to make myself look like I am wearing a mask.  I also would like to find a nice subtle blush. 

I have silver hair, hazel eyes and fair skin with no undertones to speak of.  Having good heredity in  my  old  age I don't really have any wrinkles. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cover Girl Foundation Question

I am a big fan of Cover Girl makeup and products.  Every time a new one comes out I try it.  There is a new one out and I can't for the love of me remember what it is.  I tried it on the back of my hand and it seemed really nice.  I am going to get it.  If you purchase from CVS, Walgreens, Target you can return if the product is not right.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Cover Girl's AquaSmooth compact foundation is my HG -  I've used it for over 20 years.  I've tried many other foundations, but always go back to AquaSmooth.  I'm 67 now and have had a very oily complexion since I was a teenager.  The AquaSmooth doesn't make me 'greasy' and controls my oiliness better than others.  I swirl it on with a brush and can build it to full coverage if I need to, or keep it very light.  Nice, smooth coverage.  Highly recommend.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

My favorite Covergirl foundation is the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation (it has a blue pump). It is better for normal to oily skin but I have used it on my drier winter skin with success. Coverage is medium and lasts all day. It is really a fabulous foundation and will not make you look like you are wearing a mask. I tried the luminous version (which has a red pump) of this foundation and did not like it, as it was rather tacky feeling. 

As far as blush, I like the Milani Baked Blushes. They are nicely pigmented but not garish. My favorite color is the Berry Amore.

Respected Contributor

I like the CoverGirl foundation with Olay ingredients in it.  I'm a Fair in Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, and use the Light/Medium in the CoverGirl.

Just FYI...the CoverGirl looks scary gray dotted on my skin, but once blended in, it's perfect!

I'm 61, silver/gray with some brown left, dark brown eyes, just a few fine lines. Fair skin, pretty neutral skintone, oily T-zone.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I like the CoverGirl foundation with Olay ingredients in it.  I'm a Fair in Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, and use the Light/Medium in the CoverGirl.

Just FYI...the CoverGirl looks scary gray dotted on my skin, but once blended in, it's perfect!

I'm 61, silver/gray with some brown left, dark brown eyes, just a few fine lines. Fair skin, pretty neutral skintone, oily T-zone.

My good friend also uses the CG compact foundation with Olay.

Valued Contributor

This thread makes me want to try Covergirl foundation again. I do have a recommendation for a subtle blush, Laura Geller Baked Gelato in Cantaloupe. I have to layer it on (almost) to get color. I'm fair in her line, too. I'm glad a poster said that so I know to what to look for in Covergirl.