Frequent Contributor
I have very itchy and dry skin on my legs. Anyone use both and can say which they prefer to calm the itching? Thanks in advance.
Valued Contributor

Re: Aveeno vs First Aid Beauty

I've used both and neither helped with itching dry skin, although First Aid Beauty was way more moisturizing than Aveeno. I use Curel Itch Defense (unscented -- found at Target), based on a recommendation from my dermatologist and it actually works! Highly recommend.

Regular Contributor

Cruel Itch Defense works well. It is better than anything else I've tried.

Regular Contributor

Spell check miscorrected my post. I meant Curel anti itch lotion.

Esteemed Contributor

First Aid Beauty worked better for me than Aveeno. I also wasn't allergic to it. I've not had any luck with the Curel line but I have a ton oallergies and super sensitive skin. I like that First Aid Beauty is a cream but absorbs almost instantly and doesn't seem to stain or smell. I couls see a difference within a week. Godd Luck with whatever you try.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, I found First Aid Beauty to be all hype, no action.

I actually used to use Aveeno then switched to Curel Ultra Healing or the Anti Itch formula with better success.

My favorite winter tip for flakes Johnson's Baby Oil Gel. I keep it in the shower. I put a drop in my hands and rub it into wet skin, if you feel greasy use less. I never have flakes anymore. Sometimes you don't even need lotion after that. I used the Vitamin E formula with the green cap. Cheap and easy. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I liked  the Aveeno with the dark navy blue top - sorry can not think of the formula name - but, my doctor told me to buy it at Target - in the baby department. And,, they have two blue topped ones - get the dark navy blue one. It really did work for itching. And, it conditioned my skin without even using the companion lotion. Good luck - I know dry skin can make you crazy, I was like a scratching fool before I used that. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much ladies for the suggestions. I'll definitely be making a trip to my local drugstore tonight!