Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. There are tens of thousands of great reviews for that concealer. It's easy to find and the cost of well under $10 should make it a must-try. Goes on almost like saturated foundation, does not settle and you don't need to use a setting powder if you don't want to. Has a sponge-tip applicator tip but I like to use a small concealer brush to get it into the inner corners. You don't need to apply much and it lasts all day.

You turned me on to this, @SilleeMee.  It is my dessert island product.  I wear this everyday and sometimes it is the only thing I put on besides my spf.  When I handed one to my sister to try, you thought she had died and gone to heaven.  She said she thought her eyes would never look good again.  I keep a huge back up stash and so does she.  BTW to the OP, a tube of this lasts forever.  I use the the illumination one and also a concealer brush - from ELF.  My sister uses her finger to tap on.

Thanks again, @SilleeMee !

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

YAY! Woman Very HappyI'm so happy that you and your sister both love it! @tends2dogs  

I do like you do...sometimes that concealer is all I wear and, yes, the tube lasts a very long time. I also keep a backup in my stash.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@lavendar 

My favorite concealer of all the ones in my inventory is Too Faced Born this Way.  It's kind of like the 3 Bears...not too thick, not too thin, but just right & the coverage?  Completely camoflouges any hint of darkness!  The colors are extensive, so you will be able to find an exact match using their color chart.

@SurferWife , I am just finishing up a bottle of this.  It is a very good concealer and the bottle is huge.  When I first bought it from Sephora, I thought the SA accidentally gave me the foundation instead of the concealer.  LOL 

Had I not found the $3.00 ELF Camo concealer, I would have repurchased the BTW. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

You got me interested in that elf concealer. I just need to find a match for my skin....ohh I just hate that part!  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

You got me interested in that elf concealer. I just need to find a match for my skin....ohh I just hate that part!  

@SilleeMee , I'm not sure you would like it.  It is very thick.  I have major undereye circles.  With 90% of concealers I have tried, I have to use a corrector first and then use concealer or my darkness shows through.  For instance, you love that Maybelline Age Rewind but for me it was way too thin and didn't do anything for my circles.  I loved the way it felt under my eyes and it didn't crease or get into fine lines, but it didn't conceal for me either. 

For $3.00 the ELF would be worth the try but I wouldn't be surprised if you find it too thick for you.  This is one of the only products I can use on it's own without a corrector.     

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the Tarte Shape Tape TSV a few weeks ago and like it. Its not too thick at all, and covers the dark circles without being too cakey.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

@SilleeMee , I'm not sure you would like it.  It is very thick.  I have major undereye circles.  With 90% of concealers I have tried, I have to use a corrector first and then use concealer or my darkness shows through.  For instance, you love that Maybelline Age Rewind but for me it was way too thin and didn't do anything for my circles.  I loved the way it felt under my eyes and it didn't crease or get into fine lines, but it didn't conceal for me either. 

For $3.00 the ELF would be worth the try but I wouldn't be surprised if you find it too thick for you.  This is one of the only products I can use on it's own without a corrector.     

@Lipstickdiva 

Thank you for that great explanation of the elf. I might try it anyway b/c I have some very dark broken caps, more like dark red dots, on my cheeks where I find those difficult to conceal. I'm just barely covering them now with the Age Rewind. 

Frequent Contributor
I use an eye concealer from First Aid Beauty. It’s not thick, medium covg, steel tip applicator so I use it for my puffy eyes too. It’s super hydrating and forgiving.
Honored Contributor

@lavendar  I own Bobbi Brown's corrector and concealer.  If you have really dark circles then use both.  I find that the corrector covers perfectly.  Make sure you always have a moisturizer on or eye cream.  Now the concealer you should only dot on (like you would the corrector).  I noticed that the concealer has something in it that shines (interestiing concept).  With that said, Maybelline concealer (don't know the correct name) is suppose to be very nice. 

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I have stopped buying any make=up as I have enough to sell and Heck   where do I go.  I have tried tons of concealor.  I think Josie Maran way overpriced though basic products are good.  I will say her chubbie concealor is one of the best I ever used...  Hope that helps..