Respected Contributor

Finally getting into m/u after six months without it. Stunned at how much m/u I have. What was I thinking?

Meeting a friend; we'd both be wearing masks so I just did eyes. Have a corrector but can't find concealer. It was a BB double (found the box.) I remember I wasn't thrilled with it. Too thick. Same with IT.

Prefer to stay out of department stores so that means on line or drugstore. I'm very fair; always use lightest shade of foundation.

Suggestions are welcome.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Finally getting into m/u after six months without it. Stunned at how much m/u I have. What was I thinking?

Meeting a friend; we'd both be wearing masks so I just did eyes. Have a corrector but can't find concealer. It was a BB double (found the box.) I remember I wasn't thrilled with it. Too thick. Same with IT.

Prefer to stay out of department stores so that means on line or drugstore. I'm very fair; always use lightest shade of foundation.

Suggestions are welcome.

I'm interested in the answers here too. Mally's cream kit with setting powder was my absolute go-to, for years...great consistency, application, blending, staying power, skin match was perfection. Then...she stopped making it. sigh. Likely when her company was bought, everything changed & she just became the "talking head" for the brand. I've tried a few since then...haven't liked any that much but made do. In the past 2 yrs I settled on IT bye bye undereye cream...it's getting me by, color match and staying power is ok, but like OP says, yes, I too find it too thick. I've tried Benefit, years ago, was a cream in a compact, dried out fast, got stiff...threw most of it away before using it. I had a Laura Geller one that came in a lipstick tube, I didn't buy...mom did and gave to me...in medium (my usual color)...I love and use many LG products but this was too  sheer, no staying power. I'd put it in my purse and use it for touch ups only.  So yes...I'd love to hear others' suggestions too!

Honored Contributor

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. There are tens of thousands of great reviews for that concealer. It's easy to find and the cost of well under $10 should make it a must-try. Goes on almost like saturated foundation, does not settle and you don't need to use a setting powder if you don't want to. Has a sponge-tip applicator tip but I like to use a small concealer brush to get it into the inner corners. You don't need to apply much and it lasts all day.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. There are tens of thousands of great reviews for that concealer. It's easy to find and the cost of well under $10 should make it a must-try. Goes on almost like saturated foundation, does not settle and you don't need to use a setting powder if you don't want to. Has a sponge-tip applicator tip but I like to use a small concealer brush to get it into the inner corners. You don't need to apply much and it lasts all day.

Sounds like a great recommendation...I'm going to check it out! Is it liquid in a tube with sponge applicator tip...similar to a lip gloss? Just curious.  My favorite types are always creams in a compact...no waste compared to tubes (my least fav..always a ton of waste) or plastic tubes like lip gloss...but not many made that way. Anyway, this suggestions seems worth a try!

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

The Age Rewind Concealer has an applicator tip which is bigger round than a lip gloss has. I actually pull the sponge part off and use my own concealer brush. I'm not crazy about sponge applicators b/c of sanitary reasons. Do what you like, that's just how I like to apply mine and you may like it with the sponge attached. You twist the top part to make the product come out that way.

images.jpgimages (1).jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@amyb 

The Age Rewind Concealer has an applicator tip which is bigger round than a lip gloss has. I actually pull the sponge part off and use my own concealer brush. I'm not crazy about sponge applicators b/c of sanitary reasons. Do what you like, that's just how I like to apply mine and you may like it with the sponge attached. You twist the top part to make the product come out that way.

images.jpgimages (1).jpg

Great...thanks for the demo pics! I too would prefer to use my makeup brush, which I've been using to apply the IT concealor too. Tks again!

Honored Contributor

Without a doubt, the ELF Camo Concealer.  You can get the regular or the hydrating.  It has a doe foot applicator and a little goes a long way.  It is my HG concealer.

One word of advice about the Maybelline, I would try it with the sponge first and see what you think.  I removed the sponge when I bought it without trying it first and ended up tossing the concealer because I found it to be way too messy and it got dried up where it comes out of the component.  I repurchased the brightening one and use that under my concealer and while I'd not buy it again, for me it was much better with the sponge.    

Honored Contributor

Nars Creamy Conceaker in the shade Custard. It works for deep under eye circles too, especially if mixed with a dot of peach Becca. The Nars does not settle into fine lines and it is very long lasting. It's also buildable. 

Contributor
Hi. If you don’t want to invest in another concealer I found out if you warm the concealer that is too thick on the back of your hand first it gets somewhat thinner. Also, if you have dry skin you can add just a bit of argan oil, rose hip oil, etc. Whatever you have on hand and mix a little in with the concealer. If you don’t like any of those ideas I’ve had success with Revolution brand sold at Ulta and the new Cover Girl concealer. The one with black stripes on top. Good luck🍀🍀🍀🍀
Honored Contributor

@lavendar 

My favorite concealer of all the ones in my inventory is Too Faced Born this Way.  It's kind of like the 3 Bears...not too thick, not too thin, but just right & the coverage?  Completely camoflouges any hint of darkness!  The colors are extensive, so you will be able to find an exact match using their color chart.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.