Respected Contributor

I have not used concealer before.  I now feel I would like to try it as I see the purplish discoloration under my eyes.

I have tried 3 brands - IT Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown and Mally.  Problem for me is that they all look yellow when applied.

I understand the concept of trying to counter the blue/purple look under the eye.  But they still just look yellow.  I am very fair and have problems getting foundation without too much yellow.

Any ideas about this or a recommendation for a brand that's not so yellow.  I always need the fairest shade.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  I have used Perricone No Concealer Concealer since it came out and by far it is the best I have ever tried.  It doesn't give that yellow look and smooths out the look of the dark under eye area.  On me, used with the Perricone No Foundation Foundation (original one and not the serum), no under eye discoloration or puffy look all day.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you might need the help of a SA at counter. That way you'll be able to know your color choices and make the right decisions about your makeup shades.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree with @SilleeMee .  I started a thread within the last couple of weeks about concealer woes for me also in finding the right color.  If they are the wrong shade, they just don't do what you need them to do and could create more of a problem.

I am off tomorrow and one of my plans is to head to Sephora and get help with finding the right shade and consistency in a concealer to cover my dark circles.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have not used concealer before.  I now feel I would like to try it as I see the purplish discoloration under my eyes.

I have tried 3 brands - IT Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown and Mally.  Problem for me is that they all look yellow when applied.

I understand the concept of trying to counter the blue/purple look under the eye.  But they still just look yellow.  I am very fair and have problems getting foundation without too much yellow.

Any ideas about this or a recommendation for a brand that's not so yellow.  I always need the fairest shade.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003   I’m pretty sure from other posts, we have the same fair coloring. Sometimes just a concealer is not the answer. I use BB’s corrector first..a peachy/pink tone that cancels out the purple, dark undereye shadows. My shade is Pocelain Bisque Corrector. I then apply Porcelain concealer on top to blend w/ my foundation shade. 

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 ,

L.A. Girl PRO.conceal HD.high-definition concealer has a surprising selection of cool and warm colors plus a variety of color-corrector colors.  And it's cheap.  I found it at CVS but is also at Ulta.  The 'Porcelain' color is a fair cool-toned color.  I recommend buying this in person so you can compare colors because the picture of the Porcelain color on-line looks nothing like it does in real life.

Respected Contributor

My suggestion is to go to a beauty counter and get color matched. That way the SA can see what you need to cover. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have found the Tarte liquid concealer in a stick form is doing a good job for me.  SA at Ulta helped me pick out the right color.  I have dark circles anyway, and my recent bout with sinus issues had me looking like a raccoon.

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 

Have needed concealer since the crib. I have tried them all, including all Q brands, Drugstore to expensive beauty counters. My go-back-to is:IMG_1779.JPG

Maybelline Age-Rewind- cheap, works, stays put, (does not crease or settle in fine lines- this is a MUST & biggie for me). I use Light/Pale. It's not yellow, not pinkish. Love this product. If you've never used concealer, use sparingly and light handed or you'll get discouraged. I can put this on and some blush and face the world most days sans foundation.  

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  Hi.  I use Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer.  I have never had any problems with it falling in the creases.  They also have have a concealer with two shades so you can custom make your shade.  That goes according to skin color too like the one I use.  Check it out.  It does last a long time.

kindness is strength