Frequent Contributor
I have used the Laura Mercier forever and it is wonderful! That palette lasts for a long time. I buy mine at Sephora. It stays where you place it and looks so natural.
Honored Contributor

Re: Concealer help needed

[ Edited ]

@newme1 wrote:
I have never found a concealer that doesn’t let imperfections weep through. I have a sun spot on my cheek for years and I’ve tried the yellow tinged and green but it always shows. Same thing under my eyes. They seem to bring the lines and puffiness out more. I’ve used primers but I look like I’ve been embalmed. Any suggestions?

@newme1   Concealers and foundations are the most difficult products to get right. It's trial and error. It usually does take two products for darker areas...a corrector and a concealer. Sometimes a dark spot can't be completely covered. That's when I accept that no one's skin is perfect and never one color all over. Some flaws just have to be left covered as best as you can and don't obsess that they still show. 

Under eyes: The right eye cream could make a difference. The area should be moisturized night and day and the day cream should be left to set before applying a corrector. If the darkness isn't too bad, maybe instead of too many products, a concealer is enough so there isn't a build up to go into creases. Application should be light handed using a  small brush and tap it in with your ring finger. You know I'll recommend Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. The consistency is creamy, but not runny. If you can get matched at a dept. store, correctors come in categories for grey/brownish discolorations or bluish/purple darkness. You may be using correctors with the wrong shade. Hope this helps. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@newme1  You may need a full coverage concealer.  I use the Secret Concealer which is medium cov.  The Secret Camoflage is full coverage by Laura Mercier.

I would suggest you look for full coverage with two shades if possible.Laura Mercier that I use is excellent.  Check out Nordstrom as they give free shipping.

Secret Camouflage

@Katcat1   I agree this is a good concealer for tough areas, but not meant for under the eyes. LM makes a Secret Concealer which is creamier for that. The Secret Camouflage above is also difficult to match online. It's best to go to counter, get matched and shown how to combine the shades, warm up on back on hand w/ brush before going to face. (BTW, it's great on the few spider veins I have around my ankles when I wear capris.)

Respected Contributor

@newme1  & other ladies who cannot find a product that totally covers sun spots. It works & it is a eye pencil to brighten the whites of your eyes that you use on the waterline. It's "Rimmel Scandal Eyes"!!!! Tarte also sells one that is similar.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newme1 wrote:
I have never found a concealer that doesn’t let imperfections weep through. I have a sun spot on my cheek for years and I’ve tried the yellow tinged and green but it always shows. Same thing under my eyes. They seem to bring the lines and puffiness out more. I’ve used primers but I look like I’ve been embalmed. Any suggestions?

Look on ebay for IT cosmetics.

As I’ve stated in other threads, the CC cream is wonderful for my “spots” and my DD swears by the Bye Bye Undereye.....and she’s tried everything for her dark circles!

Very inexpensive on ebay, ::::::fast shipping  and many IT products.

ETA: I tap a pinhead size drop on my spots. The CC is very pigmented 

so “less-is-best”, as it’s buildable.

Some use as a full face foundation, but I use for my age spots and around my nose.

In addition, I don’t feel the product on my face, nor does it make me sweaty!

Super Contributor

Like you I've probably used ever concealer on the market.

I finally found NYX HD Professional Makeup Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand in Light that I just love, love, love.

It's not too expensive (Target/Walgreens/Ulta carry it) & it gives lasting coverage, no drying & the color is perfect for me although they do offer a lot of other ones.

Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Respected Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

@newme1   I love Bare Minerals Bisque Concealer.  It covers my imperfections the best of all I've tried. 

@simplyfriends I second this. Been using it for 15+ yrs and swear by it. Have never felt a need to try anything else either. I have a lifetime supply in case this is ever discontinued. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newme1   I guess I was wrong on the first concealer i suggested as it is body concealer.  Below is Flawless Fusion is med.to  full coverage with 12 hr. wear for under the eyes.  It's best to read about all the different concealers Laura Mercier offers.  Sometimes you have to pay a llittle more to get a product that works with no creasing.  At least that is what I think.

Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Concealer

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks for the heads up about the body  concealer by LM.  In fact, I am going to give it a try.  I still love her Secret Concealer; it never creases onme.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  Thanks for the heads up about the body  concealer by LM.  In fact, I am going to give it a try.  I still love her Secret Concealer; it never creases onme.

@Katcat1   I had a major bruise on my arm (dropped a weight at gym) before an event wearing a sleeveless top. I applied my BB corrector, the LM Secret Camouflage and set it w/ her loose powder. The combination would have covered a third arm!!! Lol