Trusted Contributor

I've read many threads about concealers on this board, and always leave with the same question.

Do many of you use the same concealer for under eyes as well as facial imperfections? 

I always thought that an under eye concealer should be creamier than a facial concealer, but maybe I'm wrong. I cannot use a powdered concealer under my eyes, it's just too drying, but many times I will use Bare Minerals Bisque as a facial concealer.

I need help sorting this out.  Anyone?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Quinny

I think you're on the right track.  I'd never use powder under my eyes either, but like you might conceal a spot on my face with powder. 

I carry a mini Bobbi Brown foundation stick for spot concealing on my face, but wouldn't dream of using it under my eyes--  simply the wrong texture and  too drying.

In summary, some may use the same product for face and under eye, however, there are no hard, fast rules.  I would think perhaps It Cosmetic's Bye Bye Under Eye might work for both but I haven't tried it, so that's merely a guess based on the texture.

Bottom line?  Stick with what works for you!

HTH Smiley Happy

Contributor

I can actually speak from experience with Bye Bye Undereye from IT Cosmetics.  This is what I use and I use it both on my face imperfections and under my eyes.  It is a great concealer in my opinion.  Very creamy and gives a good amount of coverage.  Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

@Mgraw Fan wrote:

I can actually speak from experience with Bye Bye Undereye from IT Cosmetics.  This is what I use and I use it both on my face imperfections and under my eyes.  It is a great concealer in my opinion.  Very creamy and gives a good amount of coverage.  Highly recommend.

I agree, although I usually don't need to use it on my face. But Jamie Kern always mentions that it can actually be used as a foundation.

I use it under my eyes and and on lids as a primer because I have very stained eyelids. It works wonderfully.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

That is good to know that Bye Bye Undereye works as a lid primer too (I have very dark eyelids).  I use it because it is a wonderful concealer for dark circles. You just need the tiniest amount to do both undereyes and whatever is left, I put on my face in areas where I have spots and large pores.  It is a good full coverage foundation.

Honored Contributor

@chris1949 wrote:

That is good to know that Bye Bye Undereye works as a lid primer too (I have very dark eyelids).  I use it because it is a wonderful concealer for dark circles. You just need the tiniest amount to do both undereyes and whatever is left, I put on my face in areas where I have spots and large pores.  It is a good full coverage foundation.

Just be sure to use it sparingly on the lids. You don't need much to cover the darkness or staining. You can always add a little more. I have no problem with it affecting my eye shadow, btwl.

I apply about three "drops" under my eye and two on my eyelid and then use a small, soft brush to blend it all. I had seen this application in a Wayne Goss video and liked the look.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

When @suzyQ3 says sparingly, that's almost an understatement.. it takes such a minuscule amount.

I have a tube that's lasted... well let's just say I hope the product is still good.  It smells fine.  Granted I don't use it daily.  It goes in rotation with Mally's Cancellation Concealer.

If I wear foundation I have no need for a face concealer..  but for my undereye there's been a few times I've so gingerly squeezed out what was still too much of BBUE---  I happened on suzyQ's tip for eyelid discoloration coverage by operator error that I didn't want to waste, therefore can also vouch for it working well on the lids.   LOL