Honored Contributor

Re: Complexion Rescue Tinted Gel Moisturizer spf 30

Good morning @Dazlin . The L'Oreal stick and many other foundations now offer a less matte finish because that's the trend. 

Application is what you need to cover. You can use it straight from the stick by lightly making a "slash like" mark on forehead, nose, chin and then lightly blend w/ a sponge or brush. I'm suggesting those areas because most women need more coverage in the center of the face. Of course, from there you can apply some to cheeks.

That's where I apply it for more full coverage. If you prefer a light coverage like me, I apply it w/ a flat paddle type foundation brush lightly to my reddish areas, under eyes,and around nose....blend and then lightly powder the t-zone. 

If you go to the Westman Atilier site, there are videos of how Gucci Westman (a very famous celebrity makeup artist) applies stick foundation w/ the paddle brush. She uses 2 shades...lighter and then a complexion correct shade placing the lighter one down the center of face to make it lighter and brighter. The other shade spot conceals only where needed to give a very natural look. She does makeup for Jennifer Aniston, etc. 

I hope this helps. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , thanks so very much!!  Very helpful.  I am going to give this foundation a try.  I'm about ready for something new 🙂.  Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Dazlin . Enjoy your day, too.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , I just watched the video...I have a brush like, and I have beauty blenders too.  The line of make up looks nice, and ingredients...but I think its $68.  I'll go up to $48, but that's it 🙂.   I hope the loreal is just as nice.  Thx!

I also looked at BM, but I didn't like the shades...I need the lightest porcelain, without yellow.   I'll go look at the loreal.