Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Simple September

I'm always looking for a good quote and I found one in an email from my sister.  Source: An old issue of Playboy.

Martinis, my dear, are deceiving.  Take two at the very most.  Take three and you’re under the table.  Take four and you’re under the host.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Bees

Just relatives.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Bees

Just resting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, it's a long, long while from May to December

But the days grow short when you reach September

When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame

One hasn't got time for the waiting game...

Honored Contributor

It's Sunday morning and I'm brewing a mug of tea.  Today is the day when I go online looking for staple items that might be on sale.

I really only need replacement deodorant and I know the 4-pack of Dove is available at Costco this week.  CeraVe is on sale at Walgreens but you have to be careful because their pricing is a little "off."

I'll report what I find -- if I find anything worth reporting.

Honored Contributor

I'm back.

Lumene is on sale at Target.  Nuff said.

Honored Contributor

Not that I'm a paranoid freak, but here's my concern.  Lumene is available on Target's website (buy one, get one 50% off).  The last time I bought it, the products were picked up at the store.  This time they could only be shipped to my address.

What do you think immediately went through my head?

Discontinuation looms!

Not only that, but there could be a clearance price.  So do I stockpile now or wait for a better price?

I have just guaranteed clearance and discontinuation because I stockpiled.  Bought two CC creams and four Glow Reveal moisturizers.  Kinda dumb to stockpile the CC cream because I don't know the expiration date and it takes me a really long time to go through a tube.

Don't care.  I'm a desperate woman and I need that Lumene.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

It's Sunday morning and I'm brewing a mug of tea.  Today is the day when I go online looking for staple items that might be on sale.

I really only need replacement deodorant and I know the 4-pack of Dove is available at Costco this week.  CeraVe is on sale at Walgreens but you have to be careful because their pricing is a little "off."

@just bee 

Have you decided to continue with the CeraVe?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only other "deal" I see is that if you buy two CeraVe products at Target you get a $5 gift card.  I'll pass.

No sales on konjac sponges or Paula's Choice.  I figure I just scored a year's supply of Lumene so that should keep me quiet.

Until I get confirmation on the discontinuation and clearance...

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Have you decided to continue with the CeraVe?

@geezerette 

I'm leaning in that direction.  I don't need any facial cleanser right now but when I do I'll probably pick up the CeraVe.  I've got BH using it so if it doesn't work for me I have two options: Give it to BH or keep a bottle in the shower.