Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Meditative March

@Brisky wrote:
Cute kitty by the way. Antlers and all.

@Brisky 

It's actually a dat. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hello all. I have not bought anything in a long time. Perhaps two months. Wow, not missing buying.
I really miss sunshine, Ready for Green again. Be well everybody.☺

@Brisky 

It gets easier, doesn't it?  And you discover that some products last longer than you think they do.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Cute kitty by the way. Antlers and all.

@Brisky 

It's actually a dat. :woman wink

@just bee 

😄

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Hello all. I have not bought anything in a long time. Perhaps two months. Wow, not missing buying.
I really miss sunshine, Ready for Green again. Be well everybody.☺

@Brisky 

It gets easier, doesn't it?  And you discover that some products last longer than you think they do.

At 5 1/2+ years into my bath and body product no-buy, it's disturbing how long it's taking to use the stuff up. At this rate, in another 5 1/2 years I'll be 70 years old, and will still have way too much.

oy vey.png

Valued Contributor

I can so relate to the stash outliving me.  I still can't believe how long my stash is lasting.  All those pitches for auto delivery...ships every 90 days like I was going to need more.  LOL   I decided the other day that I don't ever want to see another 32 oz bottle in my shower.  The urge to buy more, however, is still there.  When it hits, I go and revisit the stash.  Even if I don't leave the house, I made sure I do makeup...just to try and use it up and remind myself why I do not need more.  Happy March, ladies.

Respected Contributor

@Caffeina  & @Beauty$Junkie YES!  I can relate to how products last forever.  I NEVER buy any supersized beauty products because of this reason. And I admire your 5 1/2 years of no buy, @Caffeina!!  I am starting my bath and body and beauty products NO BUY for Lent.  I can do it for just 40 days, but I don't know if I can do it for a year let alone 5 years!! Wow!

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 

@Beauty$Junkie 

@Caffeina 

Exactly!  I haven't bought a shower product in years and I still have bottles left from my philosophy and Bath & Body Works days.  I could probably go another two years -- and I've been using them as hand soap at the sinks, too!

Makes you wonder why you ever thought you needed so many -- and all at the same time!

Could've bought a rental property... Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@momoftwo2007 

@Beauty$Junkie 

@Caffeina 

Exactly!  I haven't bought a shower product in years and I still have bottles left from my philosophy and Bath & Body Works days.  I could probably go another two years -- and I've been using them as hand soap at the sinks, too!

Makes you wonder why you ever thought you needed so many -- and all at the same time!

For me it wasn't that I thought I needed so many, but that I just had to have certain fragrances. All the shower gels, lotions, and sprays accumulated over a period of about 15 years.

When I would get something new, I would try to rationalize the purchase by believing I could still use up what I had in a reasonable amount of time. I'd start using the new, and push aside the old just so I could smell something new. Some things didn't get used right away, and are still unopened. Products ended up all over the place, in the linen closet, under the sink, in boxes and plastic bins in a spare bedroom and the basement.

In 2010 we had the bathroom gutted and remodeled. I couldn't believe how much stuff was in there that I had to remove, and there was much much more in other rooms!

Over the last few months I've been able to have DH use my shower gels that have gender-neutral scents. He used up a Philosophy Fresh Cream, and he's currently working on a Korres Bergamot Pear. I probably have some that aren't too feminine we can use as hand soap. That's a good idea that's been mentioned here several times. About time I implement it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@momoftwo2007 

@Beauty$Junkie 

@Caffeina 

For me it wasn't that I thought I needed so many, but that I just had to have certain fragrances. All the shower gels, lotions, and sprays accumulated over a period of about 15 years.

When I would get something new, I would try to rationalize the purchase by believing I could still use up what I had in a reasonable amount of time. I'd start using the new, and push aside the old just so I could smell something new. Some things didn't get used right away, and are still unopened. Products ended up all over the place, in the linen closet, under the sink, in boxes and plastic bins in a spare bedroom and the basement.

In 2010 we had the bathroom gutted and remodeled. I couldn't believe how much stuff was in there that I had to remove, and there was much much more in other rooms!

Over the last few months I've been able to have DH use my shower gels that have gender-neutral scents. He used up a Philosophy Fresh Cream, and he's currently working on a Korres Bergamot Pear. I probably have some that aren't too feminine we can use as hand soap. That's a good idea that's been mentioned here several times. About time I implement it.

@Caffeina 

And then there were the 3-for-$33 3-in-1 sales.  That were actually the 6-for-$66 3-in-1 sales.

Trusted Contributor

I just rooted through a box in the basement, and brought up a bottle of B&BW Carried Away shower gel. I think that'll be good to use as hand soap, and I'm sure DH won't mind. There was also a small B&BW bag with a bottle of hair conditioner in it. I vaguely remember giving the matching shampoo to DH to use some years ago. The receipt was still in the bag, four items for $15.00, dated 7/14/06.