I should have stopped with the one before this one.  😄

Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Meditative March

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Oh, you love her! Woman LOL

But that's why I say this one is my last.  I would feel terrible if I tried to "replace" him, then found fault with his replacement.

I don't want to compare him to anyone else -- he's incomparable!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

But that's why I say this one is my last.  I would feel terrible if I tried to "replace" him, then found fault with his replacement.

@just bee 

So is this one—that’s why I should have quit before her!!  🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Sounds like my Boxer.  I'd mentioned the plant on my kitchen counter is blossoming -- the one that was given to me after my girl died in 1996.

A couple days ago I thought I'd give that plant a "treat."  I watered it and tossed in some old Miracle-Gro.

Fatal error.  I'm beside myself -- I think I've killed my plant. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Sounds like my Boxer.  I'd mentioned the plant on my kitchen counter is blossoming -- the one that was given to me after my girl died in 1996.

A couple days ago I thought I'd give that plant a "treat."  I watered it and tossed in some old Miracle-Gro.

@just bee 

Brown thumb.  Sounds like me.  I’ve been out dragging my big clay pots around the yard to decide where to plant some flowers when it warms up. That was my fatal error.  I could hardly walk when I got up this morning.  

What was I thinking?  The reason I don’t have plants and flowers now is because my body can no longer tolerate me tending them.  Just like buying, I forgot myself once again.

I’m going to have enough problems repotting my indoor plants.  Ones I got last year at this time when the OG passed.  Those I want to save.

Guess I won’t be using any Miracle-Gro on them.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

Brown thumb.  Sounds like me.  I’ve been out dragging my big clay pots around the yard to decide where to plant some flowers when it warms up. That was my fatal error.  I could hardly walk when I got up this morning.  

What was I thinking?  The reason I don’t have plants and flowers now is because my body can no longer tolerate me tending them.  Just like buying, I forgot myself once again.

I’m going to have enough problems repotting my indoor plants.  Ones I got last year at this time when the OG passed.  Those I want to save.

Guess I won’t be using any Miracle-Gro on them.

@geezerette 

Why do people go to the gym when there's yardwork?  The pain and physical damage is about the same and you don't have the commitment of membership.

I should be out there pulling weeds today but I've been preoccupied.

Keep in mind that this batch of Miracle-Gro has been in the garage since... gee, maybe it's as old as that plant.

I pointed out my sad plant and BH was unmoved.  "It's a plant."

No, it's a memory and I'm trying to hang on to it.

Respected Contributor

I'm in for Meditative March. 

That's a good choice for the month @just bee , because I'm definitely working at trying to be more conscious and thoughtful of what I'm purchasing and why, thinking about something before just pulling the trigger and buying. 

We had to go to the Boy Scout store yesterday and buy shirts and accessories for my kids in who are in scouts. We haven't been there for a few years and wow! Let's just say prices aren't going down at all. It's a wonder that any boys are even in scouts anymore. I got sticker shock for sure, still getting over how much we had to spend for just a handful of items. Yet another reason why I need to pare back on any non-essential items.

My Ulta order arrived the other day but I haven't had a chance to try out any of my new products yet. I'm defnitely waiting until I'm over this cold before opening any of the new makeup (that could be weeks still at the rate I'm going) but I am actually looking forward to using some of it right away, so that at least is some improvement. Usually when I buy new items I stick them away in a drawer for months before I ever even get to using them because I'm still working on using up the older products. But this time I actually have several that I want to use right now. Imagine that concept huh? 

HEP is still going terrible. Weather here still is awful, below normal temps, snowy, cold. I have no motivation to do anything, eat right, exercise, declutter. This cold isn't helping either. I haven't dropped an ounce and probably really should go to the thrift store and look for some more tops and pants for work. I'm definitely running out of viable options here. 

I just hate shopping and trying on clothes with a passion. But I might not have another option if I don't lose any weight. Again, when the weather breaks and I feel better, some clothes shopping might be in my future whether I like it or not. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

I'm in for Meditative March. 

That's a good choice for the month @just bee , because I'm definitely working at trying to be more conscious and thoughtful of what I'm purchasing and why, thinking about something before just pulling the trigger and buying. 

@rnmom 

I did quite a bit of meditation myself this morning.  Since I've liked the Laura Geller baked blushes that I've been using for the past decade, I decided that it would make sense to stick with LG and invest in a single blush.

Two questions:

1. What color?

2. Do I really want to invest $28 on a single blush product?

There's a blush thread on the forum and one post listed dupes for a NARS product.  Of course I had to go online and search for them.

I compared the Milani baked blush to LG and looked at the ingredients.  Hmmm.  Very similar product.  Very different price.  I could buy four Milani blushes versus one LG blush.  And Milani is made in Italy.

Then I had to check different sites for price and availability.  Walgreens has an offer but are they available in-store or just online?  If I can get them in-store, which store has them in stock and should I wait until Senior Day to get the discount?  Or should I just go to Ulta?

What about the wet n wild NARS dupe for just over two bucks?  What store has that one in stock?  Should I swing by today or on my way home from my appointments tomorrow?

Maybe I should track down the NYX or e.l.f. blushes.  I read all the reviews, I compared prices, I...

OMG!  I never let the dog back in after I let him out this morning!!!!

That poor neglected, abused animal. Woman Sad

Meditation is a good strategy, yes, but not if you get in too deep.

@rnmom 

Look at the bright side.  Spring will come, the crud will subside and you'll feel reborn.  And you'll have those new products to try out! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@rnmom 

Your Scouting sticker shock sounds like me when I buy pet food.  Seems like every time (or at least every other time) I’m looking at food, it’s more expensive than the last purchase.  Even the cheap cat food, which, of course, they won’t eat, so why I even look at it I don’t know.  Seems like I’m shelling out a couple of hundred dollars every month.  No wonder those pet stores keep inundating me with emails.

Hang in there with the creeping crud.  It’s March.  One of these days the weather will break, and then hopefully you’ll be feeling back to normal.  Of course, it won’t be too long after that that we’ll be complaining about how hot it is!

@just bee 

And your blush adventure is one of the biggest reasons I keep telling myself to watch the ordering.  Or should I say the “wants”.  Just the pure hassle and time consumption is enough to make me goofier than I already am.  A lot of my anxieties are self-inflicted.  (Probably all, if I’m really truthful.)  And a good portion of those are from just what you describe.  The whole dance of online purchasing, not to mention the hassle of waiting for delivery, along with all the possible complications that may bring.  I used to love to go to the shopping mall way back when.  Then after a while I started to hate it.  I still hate to shop.  So why am I now doing the same thing online?  I don’t enjoy searching for things on websites any more than I do in a store.  Add to that, oftentimes by the time I receive whatever item I couldn’t live without, I’ve already forgotten about it or no longer want it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@rnmom 

Your Scouting sticker shock sounds like me when I buy pet food.  Seems like every time (or at least every other time) I’m looking at food, it’s more expensive than the last purchase.  Even the cheap cat food, which, of course, they won’t eat, so why I even look at it I don’t know.  Seems like I’m shelling out a couple of hundred dollars every month.  No wonder those pet stores keep inundating me with emails.

Hang in there with the creeping crud.  It’s March.  One of these days the weather will break, and then hopefully you’ll be feeling back to normal.  Of course, it won’t be too long after that that we’ll be complaining about how hot it is!

@just bee 

And your blush adventure is one of the biggest reasons I keep telling myself to watch the ordering.  Or should I say the “wants”.  Just the pure hassle and time consumption is enough to make me goofier than I already am.  A lot of my anxieties are self-inflicted.  (Probably all, if I’m really truthful.)  And a good portion of those are from just what you describe.  The whole dance of online purchasing, not to mention the hassle of waiting for delivery, along with all the possible complications that may bring.  I used to love to go to the shopping mall way back when.  Then after a while I started to hate it.  I still hate to shop.  So why am I now doing the same thing online?  I don’t enjoy searching for things on websites any more than I do in a store.  Add to that, oftentimes by the time I receive whatever item I couldn’t live without, I’ve already forgotten about it or no longer want it.

@geezerette 

That poor neglected, abused animal's kibble is $70+ a bag.  I don't even want to think about the cost of his treats.  His vet doesn't understand why I buy the "premium" kibble when he feeds his dogs the well-known national store brand.

We had a freebie can of Fromm and it looked and smelled so good I thought about bringing it to work for lunch.  BH and I considered switching him from kibble to canned until we realized that can is five bucks.

When I was a kid I remember the cans of Strongheart dog food with the picture of the German Shepherd on the label.  Delicious flavors like liver and... horsemeat.  Memory fails, but I swear it was ten cents a can.

Strongheart

Ah, so it was.

Strongheart

Of course I wouldn't feed a dog that today...

About ordering online.  I'm really trying to avoid it unless it's an item I know.  Something like Paula's Choice facial cleanser -- on sale -- is something I will continue to order.

But I'm trying to avoid ordering blush and eyeshadow online.  It's too easy.  Driving to a store and actually looking at and touching the product instead of looking at a picture of it makes more sense.  And the thought of walking into a store is so repulsive that I can usually talk myself out of anything I think I want.

If I could order my scrubs online it would already be done, but because I have to drive all the way across town I'm putting it off as long as I possibly can.

And how often do we add some item to our order just to get the free shipping?  An item we usually won't even use.

And the added bonus: Endless emails from the companies.