Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

wet n wild

wet n wild Nude Awakening

wet n wild

Comfort Zone

These were on sale for $2.84 each.

It's like a new box of crayons.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Rimmel

Rimmel

Rimmel

Sale price: $5.99

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Rimmel

Rimmel

Rimmel

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies -Nope, you are definitely NOT the only one dreaming of retirement. I'd retire tomorrow if I could afford it. Unfortunately, unless we move out of this expensive house and off this expensive property, that's not happening any time soon. 

And I actually like my job as far as jobs go, I just wish that I didn't have to be tied to any job at all. Like many of you, I've been working since I was 16 and I'd just like the freedom to be able to do what I want, when I want, and not have to answer to "bosses". 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette - I love red, it's one of my favorite colors! Red and purple! But like you, I don't actually have a lot of red clothes. Send your red t-shirt over here, I'll use it! Smiley Happy

But I agree with you wholeheartedly, wear what you like and what you're comfortable in and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You only have to please yourself. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee -those pallettes are all really pretty. And you sure can't beat the price! I will defnitely have to check out both of those brands when I'm ready to purchase some new eyeshadows. I don't shop in stores a lot for makeup, mostly online. I think that it's a good thing, because I'd see those pretty pallettes in person and for that price, I'd definitely buy more than was needed. They would be really hard to resist. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@aprilskies -Nope, you are definitely NOT the only one dreaming of retirement. I'd retire tomorrow if I could afford it. Unfortunately, unless we move out of this expensive house and off this expensive property, that's not happening any time soon. 

And I actually like my job as far as jobs go, I just wish that I didn't have to be tied to any job at all. Like many of you, I've been working since I was 16 and I'd just like the freedom to be able to do what I want, when I want, and not have to answer to "bosses". 

@rnmom 

It's the reason BH pushes to downsize and get rid of everything.  He wants to be mobile.  If I said tomorrow we should sell everything and I'm going to be a travel nurse, he'd be all over that.

But right now I'm working with travel nurses and I still can't understand why it makes sense to pay for a home and never live in it because you work in other states.  I still like having a place to call home even though it's in a place that sometimes frustrates the ____ out of me.

But we do have to start thinking about the house.  Neither of us have anyone who would inherit our "estates."  I guess that's one reason to shed belongings before we assume room temperature.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette - I love red, it's one of my favorite colors! Red and purple! But like you, I don't actually have a lot of red clothes. Send your red t-shirt over here, I'll use it! Smiley Happy

But I agree with you wholeheartedly, wear what you like and what you're comfortable in and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You only have to please yourself. 

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

I had very little red in my wardrobe when I was younger but now I have a lot of it.  I wear red shoes almost every day.

I'd hang on to the red and pink shirts and wear them under another shirt in a more neutral color.  I depend on the Kate Hepburn "shirt jacket"  and I keep a lot of men's shirts in the closet.  Lighter than a sweatshirt or jacket, but they still cover things.

This is why I dislike warm weather.  I prefer a fall/winter wardrobe.

I thought I heard something about a recent survey of nurses.  They said the only reason they didn't leave the career was the scrubs.  I believe this.

Once you start wearing pajamas to work it's hard to think about pantyhose and heels.

Respected Contributor

@just bee -I'd also love to be able to downsize and be mobile, but that's not happening any time soon either, because we do still have 2 young kids at home. Someday, when they're grown and out of the house we can sell this place, move to a smaller place and maybe get a nice travel trailer. That way we will still have a home base, but we can take off anytime we want to. Best of both worlds. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee -those pallettes are all really pretty. And you sure can't beat the price! I will defnitely have to check out both of those brands when I'm ready to purchase some new eyeshadows. I don't shop in stores a lot for makeup, mostly online. I think that it's a good thing, because I'd see those pretty pallettes in person and for that price, I'd definitely buy more than was needed. They would be really hard to resist. 

@rnmom 

And that's what I did: I bought too much.  But at that price I could use half the colors and still get my money's worth.  I had stalked these at several stores and caught Walgreens at the right time.  Their regular prices are ridiculous: A Milani blush is $10.49 while the same item is $6.99-$7.99 everywhere else.

But their sales are tricky.  Right after I bought the wet n wild blush, the prices dropped even lower.  Now the eyeshadows are back to ridiculous prices.

They sent me a survey after that purchase (I usually disregard them) but this time I told them about the condition of the items, the leakage and the broken shadows.  Walgreens is struggling.  I hate to see them close in my lifetime.  So many other stores I grew up with are already history.