Honored Contributor

ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

[ Edited ]

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEP Cat

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well, now that @aprilskies is accounted for, we can begin Accountable April!

It's a new quarter so anything you normally replace can be tossed today (think mascara).

Incidentally, this will be my last month here on the ComPact thread.  I've decided to sell everything I own, quit my job, and move to Opal, Wyoming.

I'm taking the dog.

Esteemed Contributor

April Fools?!

Honored Contributor

Opal, WY

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

April Fools?!

@queendiva 

Why, you're awfully alert at this hour! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

So I've been thinking about a new addition to the ComPact.  We have HEP -- which is an ongoing process -- and we had FUN.  The problem with that one is that nobody had any.

It's still a goal so don't give up on the idea! Woman LOL

But @aprilskies and @rnmom were just discussing work woes at the end of the March thread and @River Song was also posting about a stressful situation.

Since many of us have recognized that we tend to browse when we're stressed, avoid ComPacting and eat things we probably shouldn't, why don't we post ideas about managing that stress?  Other than browsing, shopping and eating wonderfully starchy food items, of course.

Stress

Honored Contributor

Stress

Well, there is that.

Honored Contributor

Stress

Yeah, but that thought usually involves pizza.

Honored Contributor

Stress

This is precisely the type of quote that causes stress in normal human beings.