Honored Contributor

ComPact 2018 – Just January!

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.        

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEP Cats

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Happy 2018

Honored Contributor

Happy 2018

Honored Contributor

Happy 2018

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm planning another Salvation Army trip today only this time it's not to drop items off, it's to shop. I still haven't really bought any new clothes since I started my new desk job and stopped wearing scrubs, just one pair of shoes. Today they are selling all their clothes for 99 cents each, so it's time to see what I can find. I dread trying on clothes so I've been putting it off, but I guess today would be the best day to check things out. Wish me luck!

Respected Contributor

Yessss Sisters!  I am constantly trying to do better, it seems to swing back and forth... 

i am starting a spending log for 2018, and a set monthly budget amount, which will help me I think. 

Best wishes for happy healthy new year!  🙌🏻👏🏼🎉💝🤑👍🏼🙏

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm planning another Salvation Army trip today only this time it's not to drop items off, it's to shop. I still haven't really bought any new clothes since I started my new desk job and stopped wearing scrubs, just one pair of shoes. Today they are selling all their clothes for 99 cents each, so it's time to see what I can find. I dread trying on clothes so I've been putting it off, but I guess today would be the best day to check things out. Wish me luck!

@rnmom

I had decided it was time for me to invest in some new scrubs but after last week I feel like I'm in suspended animation.  Think I'll hold off for a bit...

I could use some long-sleeved tees to wear under my scrubs and yesterday I was even looking at new "foundations" online.  I found the styles I bought eight years ago and they've held up magnificently (big thumbs-up for Playtex).

But again I'm in limbo.  That, and I put yesterday's donations on my crediit card and I'm not sure I want to charge another nickel.

Report on what you find.  I've bought cashmere sweaters for a song at thrift stores.  Hope you find some treasures.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Yessss Sisters!  I am constantly trying to do better, it seems to swing back and forth... 

i am starting a spending log for 2018, and a set monthly budget amount, which will help me I think. 

Best wishes for happy healthy new year!  🙌🏻👏🏼🎉💝🤑👍🏼🙏

@Skyegirl21

We're all "works in progress."  You have the right mindset: Continuous improvement!  Commit to a budget and log for January and see if it works for you.  One month at a time.

I have a list of things I need to do today and that includes putting away all things Christmas and papers for work.  My 2018 calendar is already on the fridge and if I can find the new freebie tote bag I squirreled away, I'll actually throw away my old one.

Has anyone else noticed that those cheap imported totes degrade over time and leave black debris everywhere?  It's like tote bag dandruff.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy New Year, Everyone!!  May it be blessed.  

I realized today is the start of no more excuses.  Uh oh.  🍎🍌🍅🥦🥒 are my light, 🍟🍕🍦🍰🍩 are my darkness.  Go to the light, go to the light.......GO TO THE LIGHHHHHHT!!!!!!  Rah rah

However, I do have a question.  Why do 🍟🍕🍦🍰🍩 have to be bad for you?  That is just evil. 😤