Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,454
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Happy New Year, Everyone!!  May it be blessed.  

 

I realized today is the start of no more excuses.  Uh oh.  🍎🍌🍅🥦🥒 are my light, 🍟🍕🍦🍰🍩 are my darkness.  Go to the light, go to the light.......GO TO THE LIGHHHHHHT!!!!!!  Rah rah

 

However, I do have a question.  Why do 🍟🍕🍦🍰🍩 have to be bad for you?  That is just evil. 😤

 

 


@aprilskies

 

Define "bad."

 

I still don't believe in giving things up (although I think I gave up white cheddar cheese popcorn) and I certainly won't give up pizza.  My mother lived on it when she was pregnant with me: Pizza is my destiny.  It's in my DNA.  I am one with pizza.

 

But I'm eating less of it as I get older because I have less patience with inferior pizza.  I used to believe that even a bad pizza is good because it's still pizza.  But there really are bad pizzas out there.  And there's no excuse for that.

 

Find a pizza that works for you.  Maybe a lighter crust, maybe more vegetables.  Maybe not every day.

 

I can't remember the last time I had fries.  But I'm pretty sure they were at home and they came out of the oven.  Some frozen organic seasoned product that was a healthier option and tasty enough to satisfy that craving for the greasy, overly salted stuff out there.

 

Why is everything so salty?  We didn't go to our butcher for a Christmas ham and bought a spiral-cut from Costco.  BH and I have agreed that we don't even want to see another ham for at least six months.  That means no ham for Easter.

 

In college it wasn't unusual for me to eat a German chocolate cake or cheesecake for dinner.  I can't imagine doing that today.  I told BH I didn't want any Italian cookies a few weeks ago but I ended up with a dozen when we went to buy sausage and bread.  I made that dozen last all through the holiday.  There was a time they wouldn't have survived the trip home from the bakery.

 

I still believe if you avoid the processed foods and choose better quality ingredients, you can still enjoy the foods you love.  I still eat green chile cheeseburgers but the ones we make at home are made with better, healthier ingredients.

 

You control what comes into the house.  You've got the power.  You can do this.


@just bee

 

The voice of reason.  

 

Yes, I probably can do this.  No, I KNOW I can do this.  The power of positive thinking.💪🏼

 

(I just don’t have to like it.  And I reserve the right to b*tch about it at every chance I get.  And probably will.)😉

 

 


 

 

I will b*tch right along with you.


@aprilskies

 

🤜🤛

 

See?  @just bee‘s Buddy System is already working for us!  😂😇

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,579
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!

Success: I had a great eating day yesterday.  No junk food of any kind.  My plan is no junk food during the week and indulge reasonably on the weekends.  It feels so good to show some control. I even used a smaller plate for dinner.  It is time to shed the muffin top. 

 

My snack in the evening was 2 small apples with a good scoop of peanut butter. 

 

I will say this- they sure don’t make fruit like they use to.  These apples have a weird oily film on them so when I rinse them, it feels like trying to wash off butter.  What the 🤬.  So I peel them. They are small so I am trying to eat them 2 at a time to get rid of them before I get disgusted and toss.   I miss real good fruit.  😩. The funny part is they don’t even look shiny and you don’t realize it until you wash them.  Weird. 

 

Success: I cancelled an order yesterday of a comforter I just didn’t need.  I found it for a good price but when I thought of it, I gave away a similar one during one of my major declutters, just no.  I am glad I came to my senses in time to cancel. 

 

Time to create new habits. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,454
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@aprilskies wrote:

Success: I had a great eating day yesterday.  No junk food of any kind.  My plan is no junk food during the week and indulge reasonably on the weekends.  It feels so good to show some control. I even used a smaller plate for dinner.  It is time to shed the muffin top. 

 

My snack in the evening was 2 small apples with a good scoop of peanut butter. 

 

I will say this- they sure don’t make fruit like they use to.  These apples have a weird oily film on them so when I rinse them, it feels like trying to wash off butter.  What the 🤬.  So I peel them. They are small so I am trying to eat them 2 at a time to get rid of them before I get disgusted and toss.   I miss real good fruit.  😩. The funny part is they don’t even look shiny and you don’t realize it until you wash them.  Weird. 

 

Success: I cancelled an order yesterday of a comforter I just didn’t need.  I found it for a good price but when I thought of it, I gave away a similar one during one of my major declutters, just no.  I am glad I came to my senses in time to cancel. 

 

Time to create new habits. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

“Success”.  I like it!  Time to start celebrating our successes instead of wallowing in our failures.  More apt to keep doing the good stuff that way.

 

I know about the apples.  I often peel them too.  I sometimes get pains if I eat the peels.  Never used to happen.  I’m into the Cutie tangerines (or whatever they are) right now.  Small, but delicious.  

 

My my new rule is going to be to try to mange portion control.  Instead of grabbing the whole bag of nuts, and then eating most of the bag, I need to take a portion out, eat it, and wait for it to hit my stomach before I eat anymore of it, which I shouldn’t, of course.  I wait too long to get something to eat and then I’m starving and grabbing something is faster than taking time out to portion out and eat properly.

 

Sometimes it pays to keep things. I was actually glad that I had kept, instead of tossing, my old turtlenecks and heavy down comforter that I haven’t used in years.  They had been driving me crazy taking up room in my drawer and closet respectively, and I had been sorely tempted the last couple of years to get rid of them.  Now I’m so glad I had them!  This is an example of having to keep things that only get used occasionally and are stored most of the time, but, boy, when you need them, you really need them!  🌬🌨😬

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,579
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Success: I had a great eating day yesterday.  No junk food of any kind.  My plan is no junk food during the week and indulge reasonably on the weekends.  It feels so good to show some control. I even used a smaller plate for dinner.  It is time to shed the muffin top. 

 

My snack in the evening was 2 small apples with a good scoop of peanut butter. 

 

I will say this- they sure don’t make fruit like they use to.  These apples have a weird oily film on them so when I rinse them, it feels like trying to wash off butter.  What the 🤬.  So I peel them. They are small so I am trying to eat them 2 at a time to get rid of them before I get disgusted and toss.   I miss real good fruit.  😩. The funny part is they don’t even look shiny and you don’t realize it until you wash them.  Weird. 

 

Success: I cancelled an order yesterday of a comforter I just didn’t need.  I found it for a good price but when I thought of it, I gave away a similar one during one of my major declutters, just no.  I am glad I came to my senses in time to cancel. 

 

Time to create new habits. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

“Success”.  I like it!  Time to start celebrating our successes instead of wallowing in our failures.  More apt to keep doing the good stuff that way.

 

I know about the apples.  I often peel them too.  I sometimes get pains if I eat the peels.  Never used to happen.  I’m into the Cutie tangerines (or whatever they are) right now.  Small, but delicious.  

 

My my new rule is going to be to try to mange portion control.  Instead of grabbing the whole bag of nuts, and then eating most of the bag, I need to take a portion out, eat it, and wait for it to hit my stomach before I eat anymore of it, which I shouldn’t, of course.  I wait too long to get something to eat and then I’m starving and grabbing something is faster than taking time out to portion out and eat properly.

 

Sometimes it pays to keep things. I was actually glad that I had kept, instead of tossing, my old turtlenecks and heavy down comforter that I haven’t used in years.  They had been driving me crazy taking up room in my drawer and closet respectively, and I had been sorely tempted the last couple of years to get rid of them.  Now I’m so glad I had them!  This is an example of having to keep things that only get used occasionally and are stored most of the time, but, boy, when you need them, you really need them!  🌬🌨😬


 

@geezerette, I agree, I think portion control and moderation is the key.  I started with snack bags last year but quickly got out of the habit.  I need to get back to creating those again. We can do it.  Yes, let’s start celebrating our successes, otherwise, it goes downhill fast. I would finally like to lose this weight and moreso feel healthy again instead of zoned out and lethargic all the time. 

 

There are some things I am glad I didn’t declutter even though it was tempting.  Some things though I wish I never bought to begin with.  Things I occasionally use but could have done without but now that I have them I won’t get rid of them because I occasionally use them. Sigh. 

 

One thing that I bought fairly recently is my electric tea kettle.  I love that thing.  No more babysitting water boiling.  I have used it so many times already.  Those are the smart purchases. 

 

Alright, second day, no sugary treats and exercised for about 15 mins on my stationary bike. Shouldn’t have I lost about 10 lbs so far?😤🙃😉😁

 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,454
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette, I agree, I think portion control and moderation is the key.  I started with snack bags last year but quickly got out of the habit.  I need to get back to creating those again. We can do it.  Yes, let’s start celebrating our successes, otherwise, it goes downhill fast. I would finally like to lose this weight and moreso feel healthy again instead of zoned out and lethargic all the time. 

 

There are some things I am glad I didn’t declutter even though it was tempting.  Some things though I wish I never bought to begin with.  Things I occasionally use but could have done without but now that I have them I won’t get rid of them because I occasionally use them. Sigh. 

 

One thing that I bought fairly recently is my electric tea kettle.  I love that thing.  No more babysitting water boiling.  I have used it so many times already.  Those are the smart purchases. 

 

Alright, second day, no sugary treats and exercised for about 15 mins on my stationary bike. Shouldn’t have I lost about 10 lbs so far?😤🙃😉😁

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

😂  Yes!  Isn’t it funny that when we’re stuffing ourselves with junk, we never think we’re going to gain anything, no matter how much we eat.  But when we’re rationing ourselves and being healthier, we think we should lose everything it took us months or years to put on in two days!  And it should all come off the parts of our body that bother us the most, not from the places we wouldn’t mind keeping some extra inches!☺️

 

Doesn’t that make you feel superior when you have purchased something that actually is a plus in your life?  I look at so many things I have and think if I had it to do over again, I wouldn’t have.  But the problem with so many is that you don’t know until you buy and use them whether or not they are going to enhance your life or detract from it.  Maybe if we could talk companies into offering a five-year return policy instead of thirty days?🙂

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,630
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!

@geezerette

@aprilskies

 

Too funny!

 

You're killin' me!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,454
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

@aprilskies

 

Too funny!

 

You're killin' me!


@just bee

 

That’s  the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time!

 

(I can just imagine the audio for this...hehehe...😂🤣😂)

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,579
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

@aprilskies

 

Too funny!

 

You're killin' me!


@just bee

 

That’s  the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time!

 

(I can just imagine the audio for this...hehehe...😂🤣😂)


 

Too funny, 

 

His teeth are whiter than mine.  Whose his dentist?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,630
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

@aprilskies

 

Too funny!

 

You're killin' me!


@just bee

 

That’s  the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time!

 

(I can just imagine the audio for this...hehehe...😂🤣😂)


@geezerette

 

I was perusing various "laughing" dogs and this one came up several times.  I guess this is known in some circles as "Weed Dog."  I don't think he got the nickname from the foliage on his head.

 

My dog smiles like this and it's endearing.  And I can assure you he isn't using.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,630
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just January!


@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

@aprilskies

 

Too funny!

 

You're killin' me!


@just bee

 

That’s  the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time!

 

(I can just imagine the audio for this...hehehe...😂🤣😂)


 

Too funny, 

 

His teeth are whiter than mine.  Whose his dentist?


@aprilskies

 

I know!!!  His smile is Pepsodent perfect!  Right now I only have one white tooth and it's that crown!  I should have brought in a tea bag and told them to match it.  "Here -- Harney & Sons Paris."

 

I don't care what that white teeth thread says -- I'm not giving up the tea habit.

 

And when I say tea, I mean TEA.

 

Tea

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~