Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Declutter December

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee,  Sorry your buzzer is off, 🐝.  Hope you feel better soon.

@geezerette

Still ill a week later.  Another effective flu vaccine! Woman Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Bummer, 🐝.  I hope you’ve been suffering at home and not had to work all this time.

Seems like holiday time is the worst for illness.  Everybody seems to have something.  One reason I like to stay home as much as possible around this time of year.

Hope it doesn’t last much longer! 🤒🤧😷🙁

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Bummer, 🐝.  I hope you’ve been suffering at home and not had to work all this time.

Seems like holiday time is the worst for illness.  Everybody seems to have something.  One reason I like to stay home as much as possible around this time of year.

Hope it doesn’t last much longer! 🤒🤧😷🙁

@geezerette

Thinking it was a cold, I was ill on my days off and then went back to work assuming I was past the contagious stage.  I usually feel I've turned the corner when I'm so hoarse that it sounds like I've been smoking unfiltered Camels and downing whiskey since elementary school.

Just when I thought I was getting over this, it changed again and I felt like I'd been kicked in the head by a large farm animal.  I never take headache meds but I started digging into the bottle of Advil I bought for my injuries last year (but didn't use).

I was sent home around 3 AM because my supervisor could tell I was not myself.  She told me to go home because she didn't want me to be sick on Christmas.

I said I didn't want to be sick on Christmas, either, because I'm scheduled to work it. 

I'll be off 'til then.

Coworkers are always sick and I usually don't catch anything, but this year I did.  I don't know what it is.  Cold, flu, sinusitis, respiratory infection?  TB?

I've been able to function with the exception of one day: Monday.  For some reason I had to stop trying and just surrender to the couch and bad cable.

It's pretty much all above the neck right now which makes me think it's more sinus than lung.  Have not had the sensation of a rhinoceros sitting on my chest.  No GI issues.  More head pain than body pain.  Not really a productive cough.  Appetite is normal.  When I can't eat, I know it's serious.

My immune system is generally sturdy.  I'm exposed to a lot and manage to avoid succumbing to it.  I maintain I get sick when I'm stressed.  Stress opens the door.

My door has been wide open this month.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

BH hasn't caught it.  Yet.

Honored Contributor

Oh 🐝, it’s all in your head!  Sorry, that just makes it worse, doesn’t it?  I couldn’t help myself.

I have headaches of varying degree pretty much every day, so I know how painful that is.  Especially the ones that wake you up in the middle of the night and the migraines that last three or four days.  Miserable.  I envy you not having to take meds until now, I take so many that I’m surprised I still have any functional internal organs.  The thing is, until we moved here I rarely had a headache.  Oh well, it’s always something.

Hope you feel better by Christmas so you can get back to work!  In the meantime, try breathing heavily into BH’s face, or sneeze in his food.  Misery loves company.

🤕😢❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

Oh 🐝, it’s all in your head!  Sorry, that just makes it worse, doesn’t it?  I couldn’t help myself.

@geezerette

Well, now you sound like BH!  When it comes to illness, he's all "mind over matter."

Headaches are annoying, for sure.  I tend to get them when I'm dehydrated.  Or hungry.  Or due for caffeine.

The ones I hate are the "ice pick" headaches.  The really paralyzing ones where it feels like an ice pick is going through your head.  Can't move, can't breathe.  It's like an earthquake in California and all you can do is think: Is this the big one?

I had a friend in college who had an aneurysm issue.  Mid-conversation she'd just start crying.  Some of us suspected she didn't really have a diagnosis.  Well, at least a brain aneurysm diagnosis.

Let's just say she was very creative.

Have you tried any of that pressure point treatment? 

Honored Contributor

NM Christmas

Honored Contributor

NM Christmas

Honored Contributor

Luminaria

Honored Contributor

NM Christmas Eve