Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.        

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Able April

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEP

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

able

Oxford

1 Having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something.

2 Having considerable skill, proficiency, or intelligence.

Origin

Late Middle English (also in the sense ‘easy to use, suitable’): from Old French hable, from Latin habilis ‘handy’, from habere ‘to hold’

Merriam-Webster

1 a : having sufficient power, skill, or resources to do something

b : having the freedom or opportunity to do something

c : having a quality or nature that makes something possible

Cambridge

having what is needed to do something, esp. the physical or mental power, skill, time, money, or opportunity

good at what you do

Honored Contributor

I’m glad to see the end of March.

Let’s hope everyone has an Able April.👍🌷🌞

Honored Contributor

@geezerette

As you can see, the tax appointment did not go well.  I'm standing as I type this because it's rather painful to sit right now.

March is over as far as I'm concerned.

Honored Contributor

@geezerettewrote:

I’m glad to see the end of March.

Let’s hope everyone has an Able April.👍🌷🌞

@geezerette

Ah, but can you say Able April three times fast?

(I can't.)

Honored Contributor

A gentle reminder...

It's April!  That means it's a brand new quarter so if you're on a "toss" schedule, it's time to replace things like mascara.

Honored Contributor

@just beewrote:

A gentle reminder...

It's April!  That means it's a brand new quarter so if you're on a "toss" schedule, it's time to replace things like mascara.

Brushes for me.  Tooth and Clarisonic.

Honored Contributor

@just beewrote:

@geezerette

As you can see, the tax appointment did not go well.  I'm standing as I type this because it's rather painful to sit right now.

Ouch!  That bad, eh?

Honored Contributor

@geezerettewrote:

@just beewrote:

@geezerette

Ouch!  That bad, eh?

@geezerette

I'm still standing.