Honored Contributor

ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEP

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Enjoy this monthly thread. Learn from others and have always lived less than more lifestyle. Contemplating purchasing item- Hourglass Ambient light powder (pallete) 63.00 contains three powders. No longer use highlight with glitter what makes this good value three different types of finishes. Plus multiple uses feel are bonus points. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Enjoy this monthly thread. Learn from others and have always lived less than more lifestyle. Cntemplating purchasing item- Hourglass Ambient light powder (pallete) 63.00 contains three powders. No longer use highlight with glitter what makes this good value three different types of finishes. Plus multiple uses feel are bonus points. 

@Sweet_Serenity

Well, that sounds... doable! 

Last month a lot of us posted that we ended up stocking a few items.  If they're items we use and enjoy, there shouldn't be a problem.

Also sounds like these powders will be used.

Respected Contributor

Brand new month, why does that always feel good in and of itself because it sure is scary how time is flying by these days. I cant keep up anymore it seems.

I am not going to impart any December revelations. I think I am fresh out. Woman LOL  December will be hard as well but I am just going to try and do better and be more mindful. 

I have some time off coming up this month and I am looking forward to it. Maybe I will throw in some fun here and there and make the most of it.  The weather has been mild for this time of year so I am hoping it holds out some. I do like cold weather and I dont mind the 40's and 50's, but anything else I am inside for the count.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Okay, I had to check out these powders.  Found an article that boasts:

1. They Are Long-Lasting
  2. They're Awesome At Highlighting
  3. They Blur Imperfections
  4. They Are Subtly Beautiful
  5. They Give You A Natural Glow
  6. They Work For Everyone

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Brand new month, why does that always feel good in and of itself because it sure is scary how time is flying by these days. I cant keep up anymore it seems.

I am not going to impart any December revelations. I think I am fresh out. Woman LOL  December will be hard as well but I am just going to try and do better and be more mindful. 

I have some time off coming up this month and I am looking forward to it. Maybe I will throw in some fun here and there and make the most of it.  The weather has been mild for this time of year so I am hoping it holds out some. I do like cold weather and I dont mind the 40's and 50's, but anything else I am inside for the count.

@aprilskies

I hear ya!  I was so close to a DIY December because I just didn't have the energy to muster an adjective.  I figure you ladies can choose your own and be further ahead.

Then I figured there might be one last thing we want to accomplish before 2017 ends.  And I say it's doable! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Enjoy this monthly thread. Learn from others and have always lived less than more lifestyle. Contemplating purchasing item- Hourglass Ambient light powder (pallete) 63.00 contains three powders. No longer use highlight with glitter what makes this good value three different types of finishes. Plus multiple uses feel are bonus points. 

I bought this one during November and received it a few days ago.  I havent used it yet because my makeup in the morning has been quick but I am going to start using this next week coming up.  Maybe I will even try it out this weekend.

I dont know why I bought a highlighter when I tossed the ones I had due to being too old and not used but for some reason this one pulled me in.  I put it straight in my mu basket when I received it.  I just have to make more time in the morning for my mu routine.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

See what I told you about November? Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

I hear ya!  I was so close to a DIY December because I just didn't have the energy to muster an adjective.  I figure you ladies can choose your own and be further ahead.

Then I figured there might be one last thing we want to accomplish before 2017 ends.  And I say it's doable! Woman LOL

Doable works.