Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

Thanks to you starting this thread holding off buying the pallete.. Need to pause and sit with the question why do I have to buy? Thank you-🙋‍♀️
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Fascinating to see people spend $$$ beauty clothes not care for what goes inside their body. Truth be told I used to be that person. Now im completely the opposite spend so little on clothes and makeup. Think when someone is healthy physically and emotionally more aware of why you feel you need items. This of course is my opinion.

@Sweet_Serenity

Agree!  I know when I start shopping -- or even browsing -- that something is up and I need to analyze it.

Usually the self-analysis will keep me from buying, but not in November.  I think I know why I thought some new items would help but they probably weren't really necessary.

Maybe all I needed was a really great apple!

Jazz

@just bee

@Sweet_Serenity

I couldn’t agree more with both of you ladies.

I had decided some time ago that my cut-off point for both buying and eating would be the end of this year.  I haven’t been restricting myself with either, thinking I would just brave it and go cold turkey.  But I found over the last few months of self indulgence and self analysis that both seemed to start to take care of themselves.  (Minus my latest WEN binge this week, of course.  But even with that, now that I am thinking more clearly, I think next time a similar situation arises I can control myself.  Maybe not totally refrain, but not go overboard.)

Like all addictions, mine started out pleasurable and then became torturous.    I just don’t enjoy a lot of what I used to anymore, so why on earth am I continuing to do what now has become a pain?  It’s a cliche, but I have only myself to blame.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Thanks to you starting this thread holding off buying the pallete.. Need to pause and sit with the question why do I have to buy? Thank you-🙋‍♀️

@Sweet_Serenity

👍👏🙂

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

@Sweet_Serenity

I had decided some time ago that my cut-off point for both buying and eating would be the end of this year.  I haven’t been restricting myself with either, thinking I would just brave it and go cold turkey.  But I found over the last few months of self indulgence and self analysis that both seemed to start to take care of themselves.  (Minus my latest WEN binge this week, of course.  But even with that, now that I am thinking more clearly, I think next time a similar situation arises I can control myself.  Maybe not totally refrain, but not go overboard.)

Like all addictions, mine started out pleasurable and then became torturous.    I just don’t enjoy a lot of what I used to anymore, so why on earth am I continuing to do what now has become a pain?  It’s a cliche, but I have only myself to blame.

@geezerette

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto!

It's a habit just like procrastination.  My plan for Overdue October was to tackle a specific project.  I didn't.  So for Never Again November I promised myself that I would complete this project.  On the last day I had to get it done before it was due (procrastination again) I decided I'd take the dog for a nice long walk before I tackled this thing.

As my face was heading for the asphalt, what do you suppose was going through my mind?

Here's the kicker.  The project due date has been postponed.  But have I even started working on getting it done once and for all?

What do you think?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Speaking of November... ahem... I expect two packages to show up today.

I do have to say, though, that I've made a real dent in that Lumene Glow Reveal.

@aprilskies

Hurry up and use those powders!

P.S. How are the other items working out?

I know, right.  I think I will try them out this weekend when I have more time to play.

I have only started to use items so I will know in a bit if they are working out.  I opened my Kate Somerville set. I will say this is a buyers remorse purchase.  But you know, part of my problem right now is that I just want to get a glow to my skin. Even a little hint of one. I have such a dullness lately and my skin is prone to breakouts. The kind that take 3 weeks to go away, if not longer, and the kind that leaves marks. Not sure what is going on. And I do mean those big mama jamas.  I probably already had things to try on hand but you know those desperate moments where you think they is a miracle product out there that will save the day and you just happen to discover it. 

I have a few buyer remorse products.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Yes, I think that is smart to think through this purchase.  This is a pricey hightlighter.  The raves have been high on this one so I am hoping it lives up. I will try it out this weekend.

This is a buyers remorse product for me though, not only for the price, but I am not really a big highlighting person. I dont need to shine to the Gods.  However, lately dull skin and complexion are getting the better of me.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Like I said in November, is my skin looking and feeling better because I'm using these new products or is it because I've been home and getting more rest?

The test will be when I return to work.  But chances are I won't have the time to use these products and they'll sit.

Crazy, huh?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Yes, I think that is smart to think through this purchase.  This is a pricey hightlighter.  The raves have been high on this one so I am hoping it lives up. I will try it out this weekend.

This is a buyers remorse product for me though, not only for the price, but I am not really a big highlighting person. I dont need to shine to the Gods.  However, lately dull skin and complexion are getting the better of me. 

For some reason once zone in on item trouble begins. 

Such as this case..researching so on watching countless videos.

Feeding the monster (gotta have it) yesterday!! went for long walk. Really is signs of addiction..made a decision not buying. Is it to late return?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Fascinating to see people spend $$$ beauty clothes not care for what goes inside their body. Truth be told I used to be that person. Now im completely the opposite spend so little on clothes and makeup. Think when someone is healthy physically and emotionally more aware of why you feel you need items. This of course is my opinion.

@Sweet_Serenity

Agree!  I know when I start shopping -- or even browsing -- that something is up and I need to analyze it.

Usually the self-analysis will keep me from buying, but not in November.  I think I know why I thought some new items would help but they probably weren't really necessary.

Jazz

@just bee

@Sweet_Serenity

Related to every word....

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Jazz

@just bee

@Sweet_Serenity

@geezerette, we are on so the same page.  After a certain amount, the enjoyment is marginal and quite painful. I have been feeling the same way.  That is why I think December for me will be more mindful.  I feel I am pass the craze I just experienced. I hope. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I would only say, and I think you said it as well, dont wait until the New Year before you pull in the reins. I do this every year with New Years as my deadline, however, it just ends up as an excuse to go hog wild.  That is why I am trying to make a commitment now until the end of the year.

This weekend I am going to take the time to organize everything.  Didnt I say I was tired of organizing this stuff, yet here I am.

HEP is just another area I have to get a hold of.  It just seems like it gets worse for me instead of better.