Trusted Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

Oh my! I have to stay off the internet. Yankee Candle is having their Semi-Annual Sale. 

They're not even my favorite. But it's a Sem-Annual Sale!!Cat LOL

I haven't caught up on all the posts, but one of the reasons I don't watch the owls is because of things like what are mentioned above. It's just too sad...

Happy Memorial Day Everyone. I'm thinking today of all who have served, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Police, Fire, so many lost.

I've never got hooked on Yankee Candles. It's probably a good thing!?? I do love the 3 wick B&BW candles! My stash of them is now down to 4!!! I've never had that few candles. I have learned my lesson hoarding them since I've noticed the older ones definitely don't burn as well as newer candles. I know B&BW will have their semi-annual sale soon where I will allow myself to buy a couple candles for fun summer scents but I won't go over board. Some sales? I could easily buy 8-10 at a time.

The only thing I am going to buy are foaming hand soaps in a variety of scents.  I like how they do not drip and make a mess.  

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I found out that being a lazy bum where I gave up working out every day, has made me gain weight! I brought out my Spring/Summer work tops and most of them are now too snug that I can't wear them. I had been working out regularly during the winter, then really fell off in April-May. I didn't think the exercising was doing much but it appears it was at least keeping me from GAINING more weight. I went online and found a good sale to buy 4 new tops to wear for work. I have enough bottoms that fit but the tops weren't going to make it. It was super depressing to get that much needed wake up call. June - I need to get back to working out daily after I get home from work. I need to take charge of my body and fix it now.

OH NO!!!!!  I have finally found a job that I am going to love.  I'll be working for a large investment company and will have to dress for the job.  I tried on the clothes that I have that are business appropriate and found that my pants and skirts are about a size too small.  ACK!!!!  This is all due to lack of activity.  I have been so bad about not exercising lately.  Time to get moving.  Only a few weeks until I start my new job.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I found out that being a lazy bum where I gave up working out every day, has made me gain weight! I brought out my Spring/Summer work tops and most of them are now too snug that I can't wear them. I had been working out regularly during the winter, then really fell off in April-May. I didn't think the exercising was doing much but it appears it was at least keeping me from GAINING more weight. I went online and found a good sale to buy 4 new tops to wear for work. I have enough bottoms that fit but the tops weren't going to make it. It was super depressing to get that much needed wake up call. June - I need to get back to working out daily after I get home from work. I need to take charge of my body and fix it now.

OH NO!!!!!  I have finally found a job that I am going to love.  I'll be working for a large investment company and will have to dress for the job.  I tried on the clothes that I have that are business appropriate and found that my pants and skirts are about a size too small.  ACK!!!!  This is all due to lack of activity.  I have been so bad about not exercising lately.  Time to get moving.  Only a few weeks until I start my new job.

Having to buy new clothes for work doesn't count towards the Compact.  That's necessity, not hoarding.  If you can, sure, get some more exercise.  If not, buy what you need.  You can't go to a new job looking shabby!

Congratulations on the new job!👏👍🏻

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Having to buy new clothes for work doesn't count towards the Compact.  That's necessity, not hoarding.  If you can, sure, get some more exercise.  If not, buy what you need.  You can't go to a new job looking shabby!

Congratulations on the new job!👏👍🏻

Thank you!  I am going to buy a few new things.  What perfect timing!  Warm weather clothes are on sale.

Paws and enjoy life.