Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

There is a great technical college in town that has bridge programs to some large state universities. The tuition is so low that a person with decent high school grades could attend for free because of the SC life scholarship.  However, suggest the bridge program to a teenager, and they will think you have cottage cheese for a brain.  I do not understand this.  I started going to school at a local junior college.  Later, I transferred and did just fine.

Here's one for you to analyze, just bee.  My husband's college education was paid for by his parents.  When he graduated, his parents gave him a trip to Europe.  I worked and paid for my education.  When I graduated, my parents gave me nothing.  Today, if we are able to pay for my kids' education, I will be thrilled.  My husband wants them to pay for something.  I know he is right (don't tell him), but I still want to do as much as I can for them.  Are they spoiled?  Am I overprotective?  What?

Like I said, good parents.  You are just fully aware and appreciate the value of what you have earned -- and how hard you had to work to get it.  Do what you can within reason.  One of the best parts of self-actualization is becoming aware of the good things our parents did for us.  I think a happy balance is called for here: A child needs to appreciate both his parents' contribution and his own.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

Yes, ComPacters, temptation has been everywhere.  All shopping networks have had beauty specials.  I managed to find something "wrong" with all of them preventing a purchase.  I did like the TF Bon Bon eyeshadow palette quite a bit but did not want to give up $49 for it.

I only have one empty to report - a tube of Korres body butter.  I have several empties coming down the pike.  It shouldn't be more than two weeks before they are history.

The UD Naked2 Basics eyeshadow palette has been put aside.  This is what I am doing because I find it too hard to let it go since I've barely used it and it wasn't cheap.  The colors do not look good on me.  They look a little yellowy.  I know I need to throw it away, and eventually, I will.  A NYX eyeshadow palette might be next.  I am playing with the colors, but they are either too dark, too light, or too shiny.

Last week, my son saw a couple walk by our house, point, and laugh.  I told you our yard looked terrible.  The grass is dead and crunchy.  That was the push I needed.  I changed into my yard clothes and started the makeover.  The first thing I did was trim back the boxwoods.  Then, I started digging.  The roots were very hard to break through, but once I did, digging up the bush wasn't that hard.  The root bulb is very shallow.  It took three days, but now I am now finished.  I wished I had a dog to help me.  All I have is a cat.  He watched me part of the time.  I am sure he was wondering why I was ruining his hiding spot.  He liked to sit behind the bushes and spy on the neighbors.  Yesterday, I found him sitting in his usual spot but with no bushes to protect him.  He looked at me, and I do believe he gave me the stink eye.  That's okay.  I'll be planting some new bushes, soon.

Get a Rottweiler.  You won't ever have to prune your landscaping again.  Because you won't have any landscaping.  Then people will walk by your house, point and laugh at your dirt.  Until your Rottweiler eats that, too.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@dosey wrote:

Last week, my son saw a couple walk by our house, point, and laugh.  I told you our yard looked terrible.  The grass is dead and crunchy.  That was the push I needed.  I changed into my yard clothes and started the makeover.  The first thing I did was trim back the boxwoods.  Then, I started digging.  The roots were very hard to break through, but once I did, digging up the bush wasn't that hard.  The root bulb is very shallow.  It took three days, but now I am now finished.  I wished I had a dog to help me.  All I have is a cat.  He watched me part of the time.  I am sure he was wondering why I was ruining his hiding spot.  He liked to sit behind the bushes and spy on the neighbors.  Yesterday, I found him sitting in his usual spot but with no bushes to protect him.  He looked at me, and I do believe he gave me the stink eye.  That's okay.  I'll be planting some new bushes, soon.

Get a Rottweiler.  You won't ever have to prune your landscaping again.  Because you won't have any landscaping.  Then people will walk by your house, point and laugh at your dirt.  Until your Rottweiler eats that, too.

Get a Rottie and no one will point and laugh.

Rottie

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Well, here it is, the end of March.

I didn't keep up with my goal to exercise 5 days per week, I'll have to try again for April.

I was following Declutter 365 until this week, (I don't have a basement). I'll jump back in later.

We did use up from my stockpiles: 6 bars of soap, 1 shower gel, 1 cleansing conditioner, 2 votives and 1 jar candle. I'm tossing 1 lip color and a pair of sweatpants that have lost their stretch in the waistband (they're about falling off of me).

The only thing I purchased was 2 CeraVe hair & body wash.

On to April...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

How sweet, Philosophy sent me an email saying they miss me and giving me pointers on where to get started. Lmbo

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@dosey wrote:

Get a Rottie and no one will point and laugh.

Rottie

You two are very funny!!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

Well, here it is, the end of March.

I didn't keep up with my goal to exercise 5 days per week, I'll have to try again for April.

I was following Declutter 365 until this week, (I don't have a basement). I'll jump back in later.

We did use up from my stockpiles: 6 bars of soap, 1 shower gel, 1 cleansing conditioner, 2 votives and 1 jar candle. I'm tossing 1 lip color and a pair of sweatpants that have lost their stretch in the waistband (they're about falling off of me).

The only thing I purchased was 2 CeraVe hair & body wash.

On to April...

Want to exercise together?  I have really been terrible about exercising.  Winter always sets me back.  After removing the boxwoods, I am in the mood to get back on track.  I've started walking, again, and am doing lots of things at home (push-ups, crunches, etc.).  We can keep each other motivated!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

How sweet, Philosophy sent me an email saying they miss me and giving me pointers on where to get started. Lmbo

Giving you pointers!  {snort!}  We ComPacters could give THEM pointers!

Paws and enjoy life.