Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

For those of us who are still trying really hard to stop the spending, I have another motivation.

I was checking you tube & a lady was talking about going to the mall & buying some clothes, she thought about the number of hours she worked just to buy that outfit that she will never wear or I think hardly wear.  

I looked at 4 pairs of shoes I have that I have never worn & I think I worked 2-1/2 days to pay for them.  That´s time spent in traffice & having to put up with nonesense just to buy these shoes that I never wear.  

Talk about an eye opener!!!!

Sounds like some of us are continuing to "save" items.  I still have things I don't wear or use and that's just stupid.  Why do we do that?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The barn owls are still in the nest and now there's a new cam: West Texas hummingbirds.

http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/50/West_Texas_Hummingbirds/

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'd like to apologize in advance to any Cubs fans out there.  I avoided watching any games this season and this is why the team is in post-season play right now.  Well, I watched last night and they lost.  It's genetics.  My dad always said the team would lose when he watched them play.  And I know what you're thinking.  He must have seen a lot of Cubs games.

Super Contributor

I don´t know Just Bee.  I do that with perfume too.  

I remember my mom saving nighties for me in case I have to go to the hospital, well guess what,  I didn´t end up in the hospital for another 35 or so yrs, obviously the nighties were too small.

She also saved some jewelery for me hoping to give them to me when I got older, well no one knows what happened to them.  When will we learn!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I'd like to apologize in advance to any Cubs fans out there.  I avoided watching any games this season and this is why the team is in post-season play right now.  Well, I watched last night and they lost.  It's genetics.  My dad always said the team would lose when he watched them play.  And I know what you're thinking.  He must have seen a lot of Cubs games.

I possess a similar trait.  Whenever I choose a checkout line, there will be a problem of some sort with the person in front of me that will cause a delay.  I feel like I should warn anyone who gets in line behind me of this "gift" so they can choose another line, and I can watch them leave before I do.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- October

[ Edited ]

The hummingbirds are adorable!  I used to have a hummingbird feeder but took it down when our cat chose us as his new family.  If I had left it up, he would have either killed the birds or given them a heart attack.

I am still watching the owls.  They have helped me discover the secret to a happy relationship.  Every now and then, one has to stand in the corner.

Aprilskies, I tried regluing my foundation brush back together, but it came apart, again!  This time, more individual hairs came out, so I tossed it.  The brush is not expensive (Real Techniques).  I was just trying to avoid a beauty purchase.  I'll use my backup (Bare Minerals) for awhile but will eventually replace it.

I have no empties to report this week.  Also, the sweater coats I bought arrived, but the sleeves were too short.  I am disappointed because I really liked the emerald coat.  I had stopped ordering clothing on-line due to fit issues.  I really need to shop only in the stores.

The rain has finally stopped, and it is beautiful today.  Yesterday, DS filled out five college applications.  Today, he is working on his essay.  I remember vividly DS as a baby sitting on the floor looking up at me with his arms open wanting to be picked up.  Of course I did.  I miss those days.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

I'm doing very well avoiding temptations so far this month!!! I haven't bought anything from the Isomers, Perlier, or Serious Skincare visits!!! UPS driver may get seriously confused when he doesn't have to stop at my house anytime in the near future. LOL He may think I moved.

I'm trying to hold on to my no new body creams goal. But I gotta admit, the L'Occitane special kit being offered almost got me since they kept saying there would be no TSV this month. But I didn't buy! I went into my closet to see my stash and saw items still sitting there from the "good deal" they had last year. I'm telling myself that I'm taking baby steps. If there is temptation, I need to check my stash first. If it's already there - is it really a good deal to stock pile more? The answer should be NO!!

I went thru and cancelled a bunch of auto-deliveries. I don't actually use most of them so didn't see the point in holding on to that temptation too. It was sort of freeing to do that? I'm trying to stop the incoming flow to access what I really want or need. UPS driver will just need to find another house to stop at.

Trusted Contributor

Dosey - sorry to hear your Antthony sweaters were a disappointment too. It was an easy return for me when I asked myself "if I were in a dressing room and tried this on, would I buy it or would it go back on the rack?" I wouldn't have left the store with them. They were gorgeous colors but the style wasn't for me at all.

Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I possess a similar trait.  Whenever I choose a checkout line, there will be a problem of some sort with the person in front of me that will cause a delay.  I feel like I should warn anyone who gets in line behind me of this "gift" so they can choose another line, and I can watch them leave before I do.

I purposely missed last night's game which turned out to be one for the ages.  The Cubs won 8-6 at Wrigley and scored six home runs.  Ryne Sandburg threw out the first pitch wearing an Ernie Banks jersey.  This would have been the game to watch.  Sigh.

Trusted Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Dosey - sorry to hear your Antthony sweaters were a disappointment too. It was an easy return for me when I asked myself "if I were in a dressing room and tried this on, would I buy it or would it go back on the rack?" I wouldn't have left the store with them. They were gorgeous colors but the style wasn't for me at all.

The emerald was beautiful, but you are right.  I need to ask myself that question.  Also, another question to ask is if this were not on easy pay, would I buy it?  I find that easy pay sometimes affects my decision.  If I am not careful, I'll end up with a bunch of them.  Now, the only flex pay I have with HSN is for AL's multivitamins that I just bought yesterday.  A must for me.

Paws and enjoy life.