Regular Contributor
I used up 14 products this month. I received a gift of 0.5 oz oil with a nail buffer. I am still waiting to see empty space.
Honored Contributor

I love hearing everyone's success stories for the month! WTG!

I had a great No-Buy January. Not only did I succeed at not buying clothes, skincare, and makeup, I did not buy anything I did not need in any category! No wasteful spending! Wow!

I used up a few products, a few expected, some were surprises because of the packaging. The bottle of night cream I got in my Allure fall must-haves box must not have had much in it because it is all gone. Nothing else I got in that box is anywhere close to gone. I realized I am not going to go through anywhere near as many products in 2014 as I did in 2013. I don't have that many left & all the ones that were not wanted were tossed!

I'm going to start my ORC with the living room. In addition to the usual clutter, I moved a few storage boxes full of stuff in there a while back and they grew roots. The idea was to go through them and get rid of as much as possible. This is the month that is going to happen.

I've got too many open hand lotions and that type of thing. I have found I forget to use them unless I see them so I have one on the bathroom sink, one by my chair in the living room, one on my nightstand, and one in each of three purses that are used the most. It is helping & I expect to use a few up in February.

In February I am going to buy only skincare or makeup that I need. No wants but not needed allowed. There are a few products I would like to add to my skincare regimen that I do not have anything like right now but I am not sure if I will get them this month or not.

I will probably need to buy a few clothes but I might wait as long as possible to allow for more good sales on clothes I can wear in warmer weather.

I really enjoyed how I felt this month while I was not buying things. I am going to work on remembering that feeling the rest of the year.

Valued Contributor
So, I made it thru January! Have a IT Celebration powder foundation coming next week from the Q. I like a powder foundation for casual/quick days, and the one I've been using (Jane Iredale) isn't up to snuff. No clothes etc in January and I really don't need any in Feb either. Congrats to all you ladies who've done so well"
Occasional Contributor
On 1/31/2014 just bee said:
On 1/31/2014 Dosey said:

I have to tell you that my feelings are a little hurt. The other night, I was watching SNL: the best of Jimmy Fallon. He makes me laugh until I am crying. The Barry Gibb Talk Show is one of my favorite skits. I was sitting on the floor only getting a break from laughing when commercials came on. Our cat was in the room sitting next to me. As I reached to pet him, he attacked me. He jumped on my chest and scratched the heck out of me. It lasted for a split second. Why did this happen? Was my laughing annoying him? Was he mad that he wasn't the center of attention? I do not have a lot of experience with cats, so it's a mystery. I glared at him and said 'no, no!' firmly. He left the room. Later, he was fine. How weird.

Oh, they may be cute, but can you really trust them? LOL

Hello all! Can it already be the end of January? I couldn't believe I finally finished off the bottle of shampoo I bought several months ago. For a couple of weeks I could still shampoo my hair if I added water to the bottle. I have a huge bottle of the same waiting in the linen closet, so I'm thinking I'll refill the smaller pump

I did make a few purchases, like DH's birthday/Valentine's Day gift. I am thinking I'll extend the no buy through February and see if I can get it right. Tomorrow's the first & Bathroom here I come. Think I'll do the linen closet along with. We can do it.

Super Contributor

Great thread! Now I just need to ""Stop It!"" The only thing I should need to buy is a white purse for a July wedding.

Respected Contributor

Hi Kind1too! Welcome to the ComPact thread, this is a lovely bunch of ladies here!

There is a more current thread going right now, just bee starts a new one for us at the beginning of each month, so look for ComPact 2014 March.

It's nice to have you join us, the more the merrier!

Super Contributor

boo bee!! just wanted to say hi! how are you doing? been snowed in, busy, tired, depressed, etc. totally seasonal sunlight deprivation getting to me.

getting ready to go to our annual homeschool conference again. cant believe another year has zipped past in a blur.

belle will be 10 in eleven weeks. she is wearing my size 11 shoes and wearing a little bralette now and just yesterday became aware that she will be needing more soon.

dh has been off work due to weather, and that has been hard. now everything is popping again and he is stressed and overwhelmed.

so back in the saddle as it were. maybe i will actually be able to plant a few things this year. havent had much enthusiasm for anything but reading and netflix lately ; )

what is going on in your much warmer world?? still in the nic unit?? i know that must be really stressful.

you know, i think that addressing overshopping leaves one kind of in a muddle in the middle of the reality of where they are. and you kind of wake up and are like, huh??

i have been meaning to pop in and say hi, but have been so burntout, that i just havent had the extra jing to come over here.

take good care, i miss you!!

xoxo belleandme