Respected Contributor
On 1/24/2014 just bee said:
On 1/23/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 1/23/2014 just bee said:

<em>ORC! ORC!!!</em>

Bee, you're so quick and creative. You always make me laugh with your little graphics.

I'm just quick at pulling images off Google! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Yea, but pretty funny you came up with an image for one room challenge. Now that is pretty funny.

My room will be my bedroom as I started it last week. I have cleaned so much in there already last year but really want to get it where I need it to be. My whole place for that matter. Yesterday, I was not in the mood for anything complicated so I cleaned out two photo albums. Condensed them to the pictures I really liked. I don't think I need 10 pictures of the same boat at different angles. So, between condensing and getting rid of pictures, I have 5 albums to donate, some of them were empty. That shelf looks clean now. I may or may not digitalize them since I do love photo albums but am really getting there. But that is not a project for this year. Lot of work and I have other important ones first.

For my jan no buy, besides a few life things that happened, I did not buy one unnecessary thing. I can't believe it. Yes, it felt like a LONG month and it's close but not over yet. I didn't need anything but sure did want to buy too. Especially when I was snowed in. I kept looking to see if a couple of things I was going to allow myself were on sale but they weren't and I am kinda glad because it really made me hold true. I was even going to buy some organizational things but will hold off to February. I just didn't want that to be an excuse. Omgosh, progress. We are all doing so great, albeit a little challenging, hang in there. By the end of this year, we will be buying what we need and want(thoughtful purchases) and will have clean and decluttered places. I am really excited to be free of the excess. I do need a few things to decorate since I got rid of things I was tired of but will do that more in the spring and summer.

Have a great weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

I've already started on the room idea. Right now, I'm dealing with the kitchen. I had to do something with all these days in which school has been closed because of wind chills below zero and the snow. Right now, it is a wind chill of -15. Most of our students are transported by bus and many busses can't navigate the back roads. Students would have to get to the main road, etc. and then have to wait for the bus. This is dangerous in temperatures like this.

I'm really taking a financial hit on this as I get paid only when I work. So far, compared to the sub days I worked last January, I have lost over $1000 in income. Cleaning out excess gives me something to do when I can't venture out. I was out yesterday for 30 minutes to get the mail and my prescriptions, the first time in a week. This weekend and early next week promises to deliver more of the same nasty weather.

Bottom line is that I have to continue watching what I spend. I also am getting rid of things in the kitchen which I have not used for several months.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor
I was really tempted by the YBF ts yesterday....so much that it was purchased then I thought about it. I cancelled the order! I didn't need any of it. I have comparable stuff in my stash. Then skinn has their ts....at first, i felt the urge then I thought about it - I have drugstore cleansers that I love why try skinn again when i wasn't impressed the first time? Also my cera ve foaming is still 4 ounces larger than his supersize! It's crazy when you sit back and compare sizes.
Contributor
I fell off the wagon. I went to Belk and saw they just added a Laura Mercier counter. I really like her makeup so I stopped to look at the new spring palette. I didn't see the sales person, but she got me to sit down and try some things. The palette looked great on me so I bought it. The good news is, I didn't buy everything I saw and I had my reward certificates which were double today, so I got the palette for free. I am dragging myself back on the wagon now...
Occasional Contributor
On 1/24/2014 kns110 said: I fell off the wagon. I went to Belk and saw they just added a Laura Mercier counter. I really like her makeup so I stopped to look at the new spring palette. I didn't see the sales person, but she got me to sit down and try some things. The palette looked great on me so I bought it. The good news is, I didn't buy everything I saw and I had my reward certificates which were double today, so I got the palette for free. I am dragging myself back on the wagon now...

kns110, 24 days of no spending is good. And, it sounds like something you will use and enjoy. And it sounds like you were thoughtful about your purchase. Maybe there can be a trade off, a way to reduce your stash?

Contributor
On 1/24/2014 MMim said:
On 1/24/2014 kns110 said: I fell off the wagon. I went to Belk and saw they just added a Laura Mercier counter. I really like her makeup so I stopped to look at the new spring palette. I didn't see the sales person, but she got me to sit down and try some things. The palette looked great on me so I bought it. The good news is, I didn't buy everything I saw and I had my reward certificates which were double today, so I got the palette for free. I am dragging myself back on the wagon now...

kns110, 24 days of no spending is good. And, it sounds like something you will use and enjoy. And it sounds like you were thoughtful about your purchase. Maybe there can be a trade off, a way to reduce your stash?

ITA. You actually won this battle, because you now are making purchases thoughtfully. You said that before you would have bought everything, but you didn't, Look at how much money you saved yourself, and your stash. Good job.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished two lip glosses this week!!!! Now I have to go into the stash to get two more. What am I not doing? Going to the store and buying a backup. No more backups for me ever. Period. I am using the stash. My husband though I was crazy when I whooped it up about finishing two lip glosses! He thought it was weird. It may be weird, but being a stasher is weird too.

Esteemed Contributor

I am really being tempted by the HSN cosmetic, etc. organizer. I have it in my cart but as much as I would like it, I hate to ruin my non-buying streak. I keep telling myself that it probably is not as good as it looks or sounds.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

My better half is on his way to the church to drop off some donations.

The day school is getting about 1 1/2 cases of paper for their recycling program.

The choir is doing a Good Will drive today. We have 3 boxes of clothes. I got rid of 1 heavy winter coat, 6 pair of jeans, 3 pair of jean shorts, 1 jean jacket, a polo shirt, a cookbook, jewelry and some things I can't remember right now. He got rid of shirts, bibs, lounge pants and I'm not sure what else.

All that and we still don't have enough room in our closets!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Respected Contributor
On 1/25/2014 KonaKat said:

I am really being tempted by the HSN cosmetic, etc. organizer. I have it in my cart but as much as I would like it, I hate to ruin my non-buying streak. I keep telling myself that it probably is not as good as it looks or sounds.

Kona, I was right there with you. I need something for storing all of my lipsticks once I have them all in a single location. I read the item description and it says 100% polyester. They didn't look like polyester to me, so I asked about it on the other thread here that discusses the special. They are vinyl, so that helped me decide not to buy. It will mess up my pre-arranged usedown plan, but I am just going to open the next La Vie est Belle gift kit and use it. Those boxes are perfect for storing two rows of lipsticks, and the box is free.