Respected Contributor

OK so I have been using it now for about 2 months- I can definitely see benefits, not just to my skin but my joints, too!

The toughest part was figuring out the best way to mix it- it clumps terribly, so I have a little jelly jar with a screw top that i shake it in, the water /liquid cant be too cold nor too hot though- Or if you do a smoothie,  it will mix fine..

I also just started using a derma roller, so hopefully, between the two, will have a synergistic effect on my skins collagen!

Any one else out there using it?

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

OK so I have been using it now for about 2 months- I can definitely see benefits, not just to my skin but my joints, too!

The toughest part was figuring out the best way to mix it- it clumps terribly, so I have a little jelly jar with a screw top that i shake it in, the water /liquid cant be too cold nor too hot though- Or if you do a smoothie,  it will mix fine..

I also just started using a derma roller, so hopefully, between the two, will have a synergistic effect on my skins collagen!

Any one else out there using it?

I just starrted a few days ago on Colla Holla. I am pleased it does not cause stomach upset like Andrew Lessman's marine collagen peptides.  I blend it in my Nutribullet and it comes out perfectly smooth.  I mix it with the Primo Beets (which I am bananas about) and it doesn't seem to alter the taste whatsoever.  I'm hoping to see benefits after a couple months.  My only gripe is the pricetag!  Glad to hear you've had positive results.  I have a derma roller too but keep forgetting to use it!  Now I've been reminded, thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Curiouser wrote:

It might be a good product but I asked where I could read the scientific research supporting their claims.  That was a few days ago and there has been no response forthcoming.  Why not?

Um, this was your 1st post, so how could you have "asked your question" "a few days ago?"

That's what I'm curious about.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Colla-Holla?

[ Edited ]

@Curiouser wrote:

It might be a good product but I asked where I could read the scientific research supporting their claims.  That was a few days ago and there has been no response forthcoming.  Why not?

If you are that curious, perhaps you should address your concerns to Dr Dubrow   on his website, I am sure he would be happy to share that info with you- frankly, I doubt any one here will provide the information you seek.

Honored Contributor

Verisol is a super cool supplement ingredient. It's using peptides from the inside to get your body to create collagen. Just like peptides in skincare, but from the inside.

They have studies showing it filling out wrinkles from underneath, and smoothing out cellulite from underneath. Can take as many as 6 months to see complete results. But lots of people report a difference after 2-4 weeks. (Of course, some people say they saw no difference at all.)

This is great stuff for menopausal women, because it helps you keep producing collagen instead of losing it, as usually happens to us when the hormones dip.

Verisol is made by Gelita, a German company.

https://www.gelita.com/en/products/collagen-peptides/verisol

I got a bottle of Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Ageless Eye Verisol Collagen and will try it out. It's the same Verisol. And quite cheap.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Verisol is a super cool supplement ingredient. It's using peptides from the inside to get your body to create collagen. Just like peptides in skincare, but from the inside.

They have studies showing it filling out wrinkles from underneath, and smoothing out cellulite from underneath. Can take as many as 6 months to see complete results. But lots of people report a difference after 2-4 weeks. (Of course, some people say they saw no difference at all.)

This is great stuff for menopausal women, because it helps you keep producing collagen instead of losing it, as usually happens to us when the hormones dip.

I got a bottle of Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Ageless Eye Verisol Collagen and will try it out. It's the same Verisol. And quite cheap.

I thought it was the way Dr D 's Verisol was micronized for max absorption in the gut   that was unique to Colla Holla- maybe I was wrong- what form is the Nature's bounty Verisol in? powder? capsule? Might be worth a try

Trusted Contributor

I take it and yes, it's a humorous name. It reminds me of Hollaback Girl.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

This thread got me looking and you can buy verisol in various brands on Amazon for much cheaper than the Colla Holla.  However, Colla Holla does have other ingredients besides verisol.  I wonder if those ingredients make a difference.  I just ordered one from Amazon to try it because in the long run Terry Dubrow's product is crazy expensive (like all his stuff) and if I can use a cheaper alternative and get similar results, I certainly will.  I use this tactic with Lessman too.  He is pricey on some things.  Well, most things. Although his Choco Nuovo on sale is a lot cheaper than the Consult Beaute equivalent, plus it's real chocoloate vs a candy type substance.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

This thread got me looking and you can buy verisol in various brands on Amazon for much cheaper than the Colla Holla.  However, Colla Holla does have other ingredients besides verisol.  I wonder if those ingredients make a difference.  I just ordered one from Amazon to try it because in the long run Terry Dubrow's product is crazy expensive (like all his stuff) and if I can use a cheaper alternative and get similar results, I certainly will.  I use this tactic with Lessman too.  He is pricey on some things.  Well, most things. Although his Choco Nuovo on sale is a lot cheaper than the Consult Beaute equivalent, plus it's real chocoloate vs a candy type substance.

I do that too! I pay attention to what Andrew Lessman and a few others hype as new and effective, because they are well educated and have access to the manufacturer representatives and the latest data. And then I see if I can get the same main active ingredient in a more financially sustainable way for the long haul. We are smart consumers!

ETA: It looks like the Colla Holla also contains Peptan. That seems to be a more multipurpose collagen peptide. Helps joints, bones, everything. You can find that for very cheap from Doctor's Best: Collagen I and III with Peptan.

https://www.peptan.com/

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I thought it was the way Dr D 's Verisol was micronized for max absorption in the gut   that was unique to Colla Holla- maybe I was wrong- what form is the Nature's bounty Verisol in? powder? capsule? Might be worth a try

They all get the same Verisol from Gelita. Then they put their label on it and provide it as powder, either on its own or blended with other ingredients. Or they press it into caplets, either on its own or blended. This ingredient is quite hardy, according to the literature, and can handle heat and lots of different formats.

But Verisol is a particular collagen peptide that targets the dermis. So it's not the same as just collagen supplements you see everywhere. It has to have the brand name on it to be this particular substance with the data behind it. (I tried regular collagen powder once and it was so gross.)

The important thing is to take the recommended amount of 2.5 grams because that's what was tested and got results. So you can swallow 3 big pills each day, or mix a small scoopful in your coffee. The Verisol on its own supposedly does not clump even in cold water, and has no particular taste so it's a good candidate to use in the less expensive powder form.

I sound like I work for them! But I swear I don't. I just love learning about new possibilities for making the skin look better.