Not applicable

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great info.

In the instructions it says to use cold water. Do you do this? Does it really make a difference? I've been using warm water because I can't imagine using cold. I get chills just thinking about using cold.

Respected Contributor
Chaz says COOL water not cold. Yes I do turn the shower so that there is just enough warmth to take the bite out of the water. The reason is that it helps to close the cuticle. Otherwise, the hair doesn't keep hold of what it needs to, stays porous and also would probably have more frizz. Especially with warm water if you are using a (dreaded) towel on your hair when you exit the shower.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor
Yes, I use cool/cold water. I've gotten used to it.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Regular Contributor
I just recently started with a cool to cold water final rinse and I do think it helps with smoothness and shine to some degree. I have always heard this and many salons do this so there must be truth to it.
Valued Contributor
Respected Contributor

COOL water, NOT cold...Chaz just says "the colder the better" so don't freeze yourself! For some reason, people only hear/see the word "cold", I don't know why.

I rarely use even cool water. When I do I just stick my head under the shower and turn the handle until it's as cool as I can stand, no more, and just for the final seconds of my rinse. I don't really notice any difference in my hair when I do this, I just find it to be refreshing.

Honored Contributor

I missed this memo early on in my WEN usage and when I started doing this I felt it rinsed easier/better. I personally think this is better for your drain. When you have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink, they tell you to use cold water when running your disposal. A lot of people think hot water makes more sense (melts the grease), but cold water is key to keeping your pipelines clear.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I do cool water when I take a shower and it's 105 out, but most of the time I use warm water. I've never noticed a difference and I've looked.

Respected Contributor
On 6/10/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I missed this memo early on in my WEN usage and when I started doing this I felt it rinsed easier/better. I personally think this is better for your drain. When you have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink, they tell you to use cold water when running your disposal. A lot of people think hot water makes more sense (melts the grease), but cold water is key to keeping your pipelines clear.

You run cold water with your garbage disposal so you don't overheat the disposal motor, not to keep the pipes clear!

I used to take hot hot hot showers, but my reading says that it's hard on your skin! So now I take warm showers and end with just a bit cooler final rinse. My skin hasn't been nearly as dry since. Only time I go back to the hot showers is if I'm not feeling well and I think the hot water help to detoxify (jury is out on it, but my mind tells me it helps anyway!)

Honored Contributor

Thank you Smiley Very Happy

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN