Honored Contributor
On 6/10/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 6/10/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I missed this memo early on in my WEN usage and when I started doing this I felt it rinsed easier/better. I personally think this is better for your drain. When you have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink, they tell you to use cold water when running your disposal. A lot of people think hot water makes more sense (melts the grease), but cold water is key to keeping your pipelines clear.

You run cold water with your garbage disposal so you don't overheat the disposal motor, not to keep the pipes clear!

I used to take hot hot hot showers, but my reading says that it's hard on your skin! So now I take warm showers and end with just a bit cooler final rinse. My skin hasn't been nearly as dry since. Only time I go back to the hot showers is if I'm not feeling well and I think the hot water help to detoxify (jury is out on it, but my mind tells me it helps anyway!)

This sounds like me to a "T" except I will also add I take much hotter showers on cold days! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I've always done this, with regular shampoo/conditioner and now with WEN.

Honored Contributor
On 6/10/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 6/10/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I missed this memo early on in my WEN usage and when I started doing this I felt it rinsed easier/better. I personally think this is better for your drain. When you have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink, they tell you to use cold water when running your disposal. A lot of people think hot water makes more sense (melts the grease), but cold water is key to keeping your pipelines clear.

You run cold water with your garbage disposal so you don't overheat the disposal motor, not to keep the pipes clear!

I used to take hot hot hot showers, but my reading says that it's hard on your skin! So now I take warm showers and end with just a bit cooler final rinse. My skin hasn't been nearly as dry since. Only time I go back to the hot showers is if I'm not feeling well and I think the hot water help to detoxify (jury is out on it, but my mind tells me it helps anyway!)

We Ohio girls think alike! I love what I call a "lobster shower". I look like one when I get out because the water is so hot! I have always loved a "hotter the better bath". I have seen it taking a toll on my skin, and have had to back down too. I noticed that it wasn't good for my scalp, either, so when I started using Wen, I backed the temp down on my head as well. I, too, still crank up the heat, usually at the end of my shower, cause it feels good on my old bones!

Respected Contributor
On 6/10/2014 AspenGrove said:

See myth #3: The 5 biggest hair myths

And here's one that disputes that article on the cool water rinse and agrees with Chaz, so I guess we need to decide who to believe. I know who I am sticking with...http://www.fashionstylemag.com/2014/beauty/hair/8-hair-myths-busted/7/
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor
On 6/10/2014 AspenGrove said:

See myth #3: The 5 biggest hair myths

There are several things wrong with that article, including the part about cold water rinses. I've seen too many people lose color faster because of using hot water on their hair to dispute that cool water rinses work.

Yes, I do use cooler water for my shower. I turn it up higher when I'm doing other shower things though.

Honored Contributor

During the summer months, the cold water is GREAT. During the winter, not so much, lol. I do tepid during the winter.