Respected Contributor

Clinique Customer Service Disappointments

I usually can pass off once being disgusted but two times I have been disgusted with  CS for online ordering.  I live an hour from the nearest counter so do like on line ordering.

Several months ago it took FIVE  days  for CS to  reply  to an e-mail about what happened to my order.  The excuse was they tried twice to place the order wth my credit card.  I reordered again it was ok !

Today I wanted to order a foundation with concealer to  travel with in two weeks. The chat person told be to call CS and talk to someone. I did so  and had a difficult time understanding the man who obviously did not  know what I  was asking? He put me on hold to find an answer my question. 

I  thought this as strange as  I was  told to call for shade help. I needed  on a shade decision and evidently he did not know ,as all he asked was what shade do I wear in Clinique? I  dont usually use any of  foundation they make. I told him I was a medium neutral and picked two  shades and needed assistance on the final decision. He had to ask someone else???  I think this person is an order person not a make-up consultant like I  was led to believe.

I do like Clinque GWP and most products but CS was terrible two  times for me. I live an hour from the nearest Clinique counter so do like to order on line. Just sharing my experience....

Thank you for the vent!

Valued Contributor

Re: Clinique Customer Service Disappointments

I guess I am a little confused as to how you could expect guidance on the phone regarding what a decision on foundation shades, unless it was a face time chat! Could you not go to a store to get help from an actual beauty consultant by trying on the different shades? An hour is a long drive, but foundation lasts a very long time, and it can be an investment dollar wise, do it might be worth that effort.

I have trouble choosing shades on my computer, especially when there are more than 5 or 6. I am not really sure if I have pink or golden undertones, although I know I am light. I usually stick with a CC cream, which is usually more forgiving.

Honored Contributor

@GorgfVery frustrating, to say the least.  Your post makes me so happy to live near good shopping -  it's probably a whole decade now since I bought color cosmetics long-distance!  I buy virtually all my skincare from QVC, but everything else that goes on my face comes from local shopping.

And even then, the so-called experts don't necessarily do a great job and don't even agree with other "experts" from their own company although I'd expect them to have had the same training. 

I haven't purchased any Clinique make-up in the last few years, but I do still like several of their moisturizing products, but then, of course, color doesn't matter and I do think the choices are very personal so that we just all don't want or need the same products.

Have a successful trip!

Respected Contributor

Try calling the Clinique counter at a Nordstrom in a large city. Make sure you are talking to a Clinique rep. They may be able to help, ship free, free samples, GWP etc.

Honored Contributor

I purchased from Clinique online often, never a problem.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf.  Doesn't do much good to complain about Clinique on a QVC bulletin board.  Can you not find someone at Clinique to gripe to?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Gorg-

Sorry to hear of your frustration. I have worked for several cosmetic lines and I know I would find it extremely difficult to select a foundation color over the phone or online without seeing the customer. I can also understand your difficulty in getting to the store- an hour to get there, an hour to get back, and an hour or two to shop- there goes half a day. I am not sure if your travels take you anywhere near a Clinique retailer- in addition to most high end department stores, Clinique is also sold in many Sephora and Ulta locations. It might be worth taking the time to visit a counter to select your formulas and shades so all you will have to do is reorder going forward. If you are in a rush to get something you may want to order from Sephora using their 2 day rush shipping. It's $10 for a year but if you often want things in a hurry it's worth it. Another option is Amazon Prime. Of course, neither of these options will get you a GWP. I think Macy's offers free beauty shipping so when they have a GWP you could order if you already know what you want- you won't get rush shipping though. I wish you lots of luck whatever option you choose.

As far as the CS lag time in response- that's the case with lots of etailers and unfortunately they don't care enough to fix it.

And the credit card debacle- I had issues with both Allure Beauty Box (claimed it was denied- not true according to CC company) and Sephora (would not deliver to former work address though several other etailers had no problem) so I don't know what to advise there.