Super Contributor

Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere NO NO NO

I am a Philosophy girl and I have been for years and will continue to be  BUT   this new Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere is awful.   Stinky  how can they go on that it is so good.

Please just leave Fresh Cream alone.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere NO NO NO

[ Edited ]

Personally, I am sick of Fresh Cream.  I guess if you don't want a lot of fragrance you would like it but I would rather purchase Pure Grace.  I really wish philosophy would move on from Fresh Cream and it sounds like the Cashmere version is not good.   I would rather see new and different scents for the 3 in 1 and SULFATE FREE.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I used to be a philosophy girl and I was around back when people complained that the fresh cream 3-in-1 smelled like baby puke.  Personally, I never noticed that vomit note.

I liked the 3-in-1 and I used it -- and then there was crispy marshmallow bars.  CMB quickly became my all-time favorite.  Some said the fresh cream body butter was a dead ringer for it.

I didn't want to start a new addiction so I passed on the body butter.  I even held off on the spritz.  But then one day, when I was ordering my annual stash of pure grace spritz, I noticed they had a large size of fresh cream spritz at a discounted price.  I pounced.

I tell you I've never been so disappointed in my life.  I cannot wear the scent -- the musk in it makes me gag.

If fresh cream is too musky for me, I can't imagine how musky the new scent might be.  And I don't want to find out! Woman Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I wanted to try this new fragrance, but passed on the TSV because the size of the shower gel is just too big. From the reviews of the fragrance, I'm not missing much!

Respected Contributor

The Fresh Cream spritz was way too musky for me, but the Fresh Cream original spray fragrance is less musky, and I like it, although it's not my favorite. I haven't yet received the new Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere spray fragrance, but it should be here soon (I received an email today that my TSV shipped). I'm glad the TSV only included a small 0.5 oz size, as I have a feeling I won't care for it. Curious to try it, though.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I am another who cannot abide Fresh Cream...only use the shower gel...all the rest is sweetened condensed milk to me. I did not order the Honey and Cream but I did get the recent TSV in Pure Grace so I will get a chance to try the Warm Cashmere. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry Philosophy, this is a FAIL!  It's cloying, over the top sweet and smells like the cheapest of fragrances (like something you'd pick out for your mom in the drugstore when you were 6 years old).  I find it hard to believe that someone thought this scent was marketable.  And how they went on and on and on about it.....all lies.  Just awful.  If you're at all fragrance sensitive steer clear of this one...instant nausea/headache.  

ETA:  This scent is very familiar to me and if my memory/nose serves me, it smells like Coty's Vanilla Fields which was popular in the 90s.  I remember intensely disliking that one also.  Probably the same recipe with a different name slapped on it.  Ugh!

Trusted Contributor

I guess that everyone is different.  That is why they make different scents.  I personally like fresh cream.  And I personally dislike pure grace.  To each his own. 

But that is why it is nice that they make different scents....because we don't like the same scents.

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the Fresh Cream Mint. I received it in a set and tossed it after several uses. It reminded me of medication.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMoon wrote:

Sorry Philosophy, this is a FAIL!  It's cloying, over the top sweet and smells like the cheapest of fragrances (like something you'd pick out for your mom in the drugstore when you were 6 years old).  I find it hard to believe that someone thought this scent was marketable.  And how they went on and on and on about it.....all lies.  Just awful.  If you're at all fragrance sensitive steer clear of this one...instant nausea/headache.  

ETA:  This scent is very familiar to me and if my memory/nose serves me, it smells like Coty's Vanilla Fields which was popular in the 90s.  I remember intensely disliking that one also.  Probably the same recipe with a different name slapped on it.  Ugh!

@TenderMoon I rec’d my TSV today and you are dead on! It smells EXACTLY like Vanilla Fields. My sister bathed in this stuff in the 90’s so I know it all too well. I will be giving her this bottle. Oh the memories!!! LOL!