Respected Contributor

Re: Cleansers That Removes Eye Makeup Too

Clinique Take the Day Off or Purity takes off mascara without stinging...
Honored Contributor

I don't use lotion cleansers, but the cleansers I do use remove my eye makeup. I like balm cleansers and use Even Lom cleansing balm, Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm, Josie Maran argan oil cleansing balm, and NUDE skincare cleansing jelly. They all get my eye makeup off and leave my skin feeling soft and never stripped.

I also really like the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser and Tata Haper's Regenerating cleanser, but I haven't tried those with eye makeup and they might not work for that.

Frequent Contributor

I don't look for multi-purpose cleansers anymore. My eye doctor advised me to use a dedicated eye makeup remover on my eyes. I'd been having problems with irritation and using eye makeup remover, and replacing my eye makeup more often, has worked for me. I no longer have to use prescription drops for irritation.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Vamp said:

Not a lotion cleanser, but it does the trick on both face and eyes, and the price is right!

Hooray for Albolene. I use it too!!! It is great!! I am 48 with combination/acne prone skin. Albolene takes off all of my make up and eye makeup too(even waterproof mascara). It goes on like vaseline and then liquifies into a clear slippery consistency. Never irritates my sensitive acne prone skin. I buy it at Walgreens or drugstore.com. You rub it all around on a dry face then tissue it off. Then I wash my face with a creamy cleanser like cerave hydrating cleanser.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/24/2015 virgosun said:

I've rediscovered the Signature Club A (hsn) Melt Down cream cleanser and it is fabulous for removing every bit of make up, no stinging in the eyes and leaves my skin very soft and hydrated. I now use this every night. Check it out!

I agree, I've used Signature Club A Melt Down cleanser for years. Very effective on eye makeup with no rubbing or stinging and it's also quick removal.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to HappyDaze and I think also BellaCarro, I use OneLoveOrganics Vitamin B Active Moisture Cleansing Oil and Makeup remover.

It is the first cleanser that actually does remove even my waterproof eyeliner. I just ordered a back-up I like it so much.

Pharmaca.com, which always has good promos, sells it, as does dermstore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Whenever I have discussed facial cleansers I ALWAYS mention whether or not it removes eye makeup because I like multi-tasking products and don't want to buy/use a separate eye makeup remover. I absolutely love One Love organics cleanser that SuzyQ mentions. Gentle yet removes all my makeup and never stings my eyes.
Honored Contributor

Mary Kay cleansing cream formula 1 -- used it for 35 years... it removes it ALL and leaves my skin fresh and non-irritated. Has no scent. Don't care what is in it... its my HG

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for everyone's ideas!

Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have never used a separate makeup remover, and I wear eyeliner and mascara every day. Two cleansers I use both remove all my makeup: Clinique Foaming Cleanser (dept store) and Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser (drug store). Neither is irritating to my eyes. I would never bother with a separate eye makeup remover.