Trusted Contributor

WEN by Chaz Dean Rice Based Cleanse

Please tell me what the difference is with the rice based vs his reg cleansing conditioners.

thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: WEN by Chaz Dean Rice Based Cleanse

The rice based cc don't contain any wheat or soy proteins and I believe they are nut free as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I watched Sunday evening and he commented that the entire purpose of the rice based formula's was originally for the kids line but so many were requesting an ""adult"" version that he created the BGT and now we have the MIF.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

More detailed answers I am sure will follow, but here is my short version - There are wheat based, Soy based and Rice based Wen CCs.

My understanding was, few people MAY be allergic to one or the other.

Thats all I remember based on what I've read somewhere.

Trusted Contributor

So performance wise it should be the same as reg cond cleansers?

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 simollie said:

The rice based cc don't contain any wheat or soy proteins and I believe they are nut free as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I watched Sunday evening and he commented that the entire purpose of the rice based formula's was originally for the kids line but so many were requesting an "adult" version that he created the BGT and now we have the MIF.

The thing is, most that requested an "adult" version of the kids wen is because they didn't want the menthol but I believe the new rice ones still contain menthol.
Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 HappyDaze said:

The rice based cc don't contain any wheat or soy proteins and I believe they are nut free as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I watched Sunday evening and he commented that the entire purpose of the rice based formula's was originally for the kids line but so many were requesting an "adult" version that he created the BGT and now we have the MIF.

The thing is, most that requested an "adult" version of the kids wen is because they didn't want the menthol but I believe the new rice ones still contain menthol.

yep...they do. I know a lot were disappointed with this, I however love the menthol. BGT is one of my favorites so I can't wait to see what the MIF does for me!

-Walt Disney
Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 NCshoppergal said:

pretty much yes. some people, including myself find them to be a little more drying than the other core cleansers, but others don't. It's all just dependent on what your hair needs are. I absolutely love the BGT even though its slightly drying I don't use it every day or I'll mix it with 613. It's my fav of the cores. Can't wait to try the new one!

-Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 NCshoppergal said:

pretty much yes. some people, including myself find them to be a little more drying than the other core cleansers, but others don't. It's all just dependent on what your hair needs are. I absolutely love the BGT even though its slightly drying I don't use it every day or I'll mix it with 613. It's my fav of the cores. Can't wait to try the new one!

BGT is also my favorite of the core formulas and I also sometimes find it a bit drying but still buy it since I love the scent. I have to make sure that I am using one of the seasonals as my 2nd cleanse when I use BGT and I usually have good results.

Respected Contributor

I find the Seasonal's the most moisture for my hair, but I was wondering if the MIF might have more moisture than the reg BGT, since the MIF has honey in it...(although not the honey in SHP,)...I got it right "Happydaze"...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 quadmimi said:

I find the Seasonal's the most moisture for my hair, but I was wondering if the MIF might have more moisture than the reg BGT, since the MIF has honey in it...(although not the honey in SHP,)...I got it right "Happydaze"...Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy