Respected Contributor

Re: WEN by Chaz Dean Rice Based Cleanse

On 2/24/2015 quadmimi said:

I find the Seasonal's the most moisture for my hair, but I was wondering if the MIF might have more moisture than the reg BGT, since the MIF has honey in it...(although not the honey in SHP,)...I got it right "Happydaze"...Smiley Happy

I would imagine that MIF would be very moisturizing since the original Fig core formula is the most moisturizing of the core formulas.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 NCshoppergal said:

So performance wise it should be the same as reg cond cleansers?

I can only answer for myself...but no, performance wise...they have not been the same as the wheat or soy based cleansers!

Now this is me only...I am a wheat girl...almost all wheat based formulas work just about (although not EXACTLY the same) on me. My long, color treated, dryish hair LOVES wheat! Esp. TT and Fig

Soy based (most seasonals and a few core) are less moisturizing for me and I usually must mix them with the fig or use them as my second cleanse only.

The new rice based (BGT, WEN MEN) and 613.....really drying on my hair. I can only use BGT a tiny bit mixed in with something else...and can barely use 613 CC at all. I would not purchase either again. Just using them up! I didn't like the outcome of my hair at all using rice based....again...that is just my head!! LOL

I wish it was simpler to compare....but I find the 3 categories performances totally different! Family members also find the performance different between formulas...even though some of them prefer soy!

Sad to say...I will be VERY hesitant to try anything new. If Q isn't going to refund my original shipping...and I have NO idea how the formula will be on my hair...I am not going to chance losing both original shipping and return shipping.

I have many favorite WENS and will stick w/ them! Best of luck to you!

Respected Contributor

I still haven't purchased any of the Wen's kids. I have read a lot of reviews about the Wen's kids though and still plan on trying this formula soon. The next time a OTO is offered in the Wen's kids would be a good time to try this.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 RespectLife said:
On 2/24/2015 NCshoppergal said:

So performance wise it should be the same as reg cond cleansers?

I can only answer for myself...but no, performance wise...they have not been the same as the wheat or soy based cleansers!

Now this is me only...I am a wheat girl...almost all wheat based formulas work just about (although not EXACTLY the same) on me. My long, color treated, dryish hair LOVES wheat! Esp. TT and Fig

Soy based (most seasonals and a few core) are less moisturizing for me and I usually must mix them with the fig or use them as my second cleanse only.

The new rice based (BGT, WEN MEN) and 613.....really drying on my hair. I can only use BGT a tiny bit mixed in with something else...and can barely use 613 CC at all. I would not purchase either again. Just using them up! I didn't like the outcome of my hair at all using rice based....again...that is just my head!! LOL

I wish it was simpler to compare....but I find the 3 categories performances totally different! Family members also find the performance different between formulas...even though some of them prefer soy!

Sad to say...I will be VERY hesitant to try anything new. If Q isn't going to refund my original shipping...and I have NO idea how the formula will be on my hair...I am not going to chance losing both original shipping and return shipping.

I have many favorite WENS and will stick w/ them! Best of luck to you!

Excellent post and I agree with a lot of your assessments. I will be even less inclined to try new formulas due to the shipping change as well- if I am even the least bit hesitant based on the ingredients (like I am with the new summer seasonal), I will just pass.
Frequent Contributor

Have been wondering what the summer seasonal will be. I think I read about it once, but have forgotten what was said. HappyDaze, what is it that seems questionable to you? Something drying?
Respected Contributor

Copied this from another thread:

Yes, it was already announced. Although, I am not sure that I remember it correctly, a tart fruit and verbena is what I remember. Maybe godfreak will post it again. She hasn't been posting new items recently.

Although, I really want to order a large quantity of summer honey peach so I am not sure how much of any other summer seasonal I would order.

For anyone that is curious about the summer seasonal.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Lindy Lou said: Have been wondering what the summer seasonal will be. I think I read about it once, but have forgotten what was said. HappyDaze, what is it that seems questionable to you? Something drying?
Oh I haven't seen the ingredients for the new one but I don't generally care for that scent and I am assuming it has citrus extracts since the name contains one and my hair isn't fond of too much citrus.
Honored Contributor

The significant difference I experience so far is that the Rice Based seems a tad bit easier to rinse out. However, I'm not bothered by rice, soy, gluten, nuts, or menthol so those differences are lost on me.

Current faves - TT, 613,BGT & SHP {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Last time I washed, I used BGT for the first cleanse and 613 for the second cleanse. It was the first time I had not used any wheat-based CC for either cleanse and I did notice much less hair fallout than I typically have. But that could be coincidental, since my doctor changed my meds recently. I will have to keep experimenting and see if I spot any patterns. I love the scent of BGT but I think I could use a bit more moisture, so I am going to try MIF.

Frequent Contributor

Rice-based ones are THE BEST for shine, too!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}