Contributor

Does anyone have the Clarisonic smart profile? wondering how it compares to the Mia.

Honored Contributor

@Luv r labs I have both the mia and the smart one. They both do an excellent job of cleaning the face.

The difference with the smart one is that it adjusts the speed automatically. You start out on the forehead with a strong cleaning process, then go to the nose, mouth area with the same strong cleaning process (beeps when you are to move from the forehead to the mouth). Then the speed is reduced for the cheek area, for a more sensitive cleaning. It also tells you when you need to recharge and when to change the brush head.

My Mia 2 has just one speed, but cleans very well.

I use the smart Clarisonic for the evenings to ensure I get all my makeup off.

I use the Mia 2 in the mornings when I am only removing any residue from the night (creams, lotions, etc.).

Hope this helps!

Contributor

That is very helpful. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@Luv r labs I have both the mia and the smart one. They both do an excellent job of cleaning the face.

The difference with the smart one is that it adjusts the speed automatically. You start out on the forehead with a strong cleaning process, then go to the nose, mouth area with the same strong cleaning process (beeps when you are to move from the forehead to the mouth). Then the speed is reduced for the cheek area, for a more sensitive cleaning. It also tells you when you need to recharge and when to change the brush head.

My Mia 2 has just one speed, but cleans very well.

I use the smart Clarisonic for the evenings to ensure I get all my makeup off.

I use the Mia 2 in the mornings when I am only removing any residue from the night (creams, lotions, etc.).

Hope this helps!

Ditto.  With the Smart you can know that your face is clean even if you daydream your way through the whole process and the time seems to fly by.   The Smart is also larger, sleeker and feels better in the hand ? more ergonomic?    I have both Smart and Plus.  The Plus stand is sturdy whereas the Smart is easily tipped over and since you want to keep the brush head off the counter the Smart takes just a few seconds longer to replace in its carriage.  

There shouldn't be a difference between 6x cleaner than manual cleansing and 11x cleaner but isn't more effective cleansing the reason we all bought in in the first place?

Contributor

Thank you. I'm leaning toward the Smart Plus

Honored Contributor

The Smart Profile also has a higher cost of ownership. Every brush has a microchip in it, so they are more expensive. One more thing to consider.

Every brush you buy is $5 more than the brushes the others use.

Contributor

I'll have to think about that. How long do the brushes last using once a day? Wonder if they will discontinue them in the future because the Mia is so popular.

Honored Contributor

@Luv r labs wrote:

I'll have to think about that. How long do the brushes last using once a day? Wonder if they will discontinue them in the future because the Mia is so popular.

@Luv r labs I believe the recommendation is to replace them every three (or is it four?) months. I just go by how the brushes look to me. Smiley Happy

Contributor
Ok. Thanks.
Respected Contributor

@CoG, my Plus is dying after 10 years. I was debating if I should try the Mia but the Smart might be a nice option.