Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

To the person who said Christy has had a lot of plastic surgery;  A little jealous are you?  Actually she happens to be one of the few NATURAL beauties, so I don’t know where you get your information from.  In addition , you think just working out on Total Gym keeps her in such great shape?  How about adding to that a super healthy diet.  Staying in shape takes work, it’s not just one thing.

I must admit how does anyone know or think she as had work done if she did not disclose it?  Christy works hard every day of her life to look good with or without a Dr.'s help.  I do not remember ever hearing or reading from her that she had a procedure at some point.  Just because they can does not mean they have.

@beckyb1012I just read @forsythia1 mentioned Christy mentioned she does get tweaked..I like that honestly. One who does this w/a good doc looks great. Little here and there is best!

I wish I could ...well I can get Botox and may be soon and I will do it 2 times a year.

Tried it 3 times in 15 years lol...just for fun since I was 46 or so and thought why not? however it gave me look weird like the Joker!

I've no idea how the hosts who get it and many do yet look quite good/the same and not very unnatural to me with their with Botox. I went to a good dr too. Maybe it was just my type of face?? who knows.

I do know my bff's soon to be DIL has been getting it in her 20's and still does, she's about 26 now! I do not think that's wise...just my humble opinion.

@mimi5775 Hi. Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons are the best bet to getting a natural look with Botox and fillers. My best friend’s husband who is the above (and also did my breast reconstruction after a double mastectomy....He’s board certified in many fields of plastic sugery), told me that many docs, dentists, medi spa employees, massage therapists at chain massage venues, etc. receive 6 week’s training to qualify for injecting Botox/fillers. Anyone can apply and pass...lasers, too. That’s why some have poor outcomes...the wrong muscles are paralyzed distorting the face.  younger women who begin w/ Botox, have less chance that the wrinkles become permanent & then having to be filled. He injected me with a saline filler (just to see if I liked the look...the saline can be withdrawn within minutes or allowed to dissipate in 24 hrs.). I wasn’t sold 10 yrs. ago, but may be ready now to try actual fillers to add volume under eyes, a little in cheeks...have high cheekbones, so don’t need much, a tiny bit in lines nose to mouth (nasolabial folds).....tiny tweaks that look natural. Because of decades of retin a and sunscreen, I only have very few superficial wrinkles in crows feet area that would need Botox. I wouldn’t let anyone but my doc touch my face. BTW, Botox can be used in neck bands to smooth it out a bit...not firm or tighten. 

This is not an inexpensive venture if I decide to do it...Botox in this area of country (w/ plastic surgeon is $600 each time...I would’t do the 4 month intervals, but twice a yr. and fillers once a year (new ones can go deeper & last that long...$2500....a lot of money NOT to age). Other areas of the country (lg. cities) probably cost more. 

Also at almost 70, I would not want anything but the most subtle change, like a restful vacation. Would I continue after 70? Not sure....kind of late in the game, but I did want to think carefully until I felt it was something that could look natural and not go crazy filling every area of my face and get that bloated, chipmunk look we see on celebrities...of course my doctor would never agree to that. 

I’ll keep you posted if I go through w/ it. If yes, not until mid-June before my July 70th birthday bash.

@Shanusgreat pots and ty!

I'm making an appt for Botox ..you gave me lots of good insights on everything girl Smiley Happy and God Bless you for undergoing double mast w/reconstruction <3!!! My sister the dr. as I had mentioned didn't opt for that, she's so busy and has not much no down time..was scared of it too.

she's 62 now.

I applaud you! and Ty again

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775. Good luck if you decide to try it again. Check & double check the person’s credentials injecting your Botox. 💕

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

@mimi5775. Good luck if you decide to try it again. Check & double check the person’s credentials injecting your Botox. 💕

@Shanus  the 2 times I had Botox in my entire life was by a doc my sis knows since she knows great drs., and he's one of the best drs. around for ophthalmology/related surgery and took this up on the side and went into even more things I hear like Fraxel for something. Then went to someone a Derm nearby had a coupon and it didn't work! WASTED! well took a brief while like a month.. looked just "odd", not me with arched weird brows a very brief TG.

Yes I will make sure when going for Botox soon and maybe look into the new one I heard about on here maybe you mentioned. Went on real self and it had good ratings. I know 20 something aged gals getting [which I do not think wise] so why not 61 year old me Smiley Wink! a real treat I deserve.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Shanus  the 2 times I had Botox in my entire life was by a doc my sis knows since she knows great drs., and he's one of the best drs. around for ophthalmology/related surgery and took this up on the side and went into even more things I hear like Fraxel for something. Then went to someone a Derm nearby had a coupon and it didn't work! WASTED! well took a brief while like a month.. looked just "odd", not me with arched weird brows a very brief TG.

Yes I will make sure when going for Botox soon and maybe look into the new one I heard about on here maybe you mentioned. Went on real self and it had good ratings. I know 20 something aged gals getting [which I do not think wise] so why not 61 year old me Smiley Wink! a real treat I deserve.

@mimi5775  I definitely think plastic surgeons are more familiar with the underlying muscles and physical structure of the face...resulting in a more natural look. My derm was honest enough that although she does Botox and filler, her area of expertise is the top layers of the skin...kind of letting me know to get best results, go to plastic surgeon. It’s your face! If someone hits a nerve, brow is higher than the other, etc., can’t wear a mask. The mistake is there for all to see...have to wait 4 mos. for it to begin to dissipate.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@mimi5775  May seem obvious, but ask for the surgeons areas of expertise...a breast surgeon or one who specializes in nose jobs is not your target doc. You need to ask about his experience w/ Botox/fillers & let him know you’ve had bad results not looking natural. Better to have him use less Botox and come back again in a month for more than full dose the first time with new doc until you feel a trusting relationship.

Keep in mind, a good surgeon wants good results not only because he’s a responsible surgeon, but you’re a “calling card” to friend for referrals. He doesn’t want you looking anything but natural. You also can go back after a week if you feel it needs a tweak.

Sorry for extra posts and info that may be TMI.

Honored Contributor

I think Christie is very beautiful, always has been, but she definitely has had botox, fillers, etc......I am not sure which, because I am not an expert in that field, but you can look at most women and tell if they have had botox, and/or fillers......Christie has not gone overboard with hers, so she still looks like herself, as does Cindy Crawford, another beauty who looks fantastic! Neither of them look like the "Joker", a telltale sign that someone has gone overboard......I did not order any of her cosmetics, but everything looked very nice! 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

48F6E82600000578-5363027-image-a-4_1518014736198.jpg 

Beautiful! Incredible body!

Obviously photo shopped.

They sure shopped for a great one didn't they!

@Blingqueen023LOL Bling

They can't find a bad picture of her!Woman LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

48F6E82600000578-5363027-image-a-4_1518014736198.jpg 

Beautiful! Incredible body!

Obviously photo shopped.

They sure shopped for a great one didn't they!

@Blingqueen023LOL Bling

They can't find a bad picture of her!Woman LOL

@winamac1 how right you are!   They never will. 

Valued Contributor

She is a beautiful lady, but she has obviously had work done, probably for going on 30 years.  These celebrities start early with the cosmetic dermatologists and then the plastic surgeons.  She has kept her figure in fabulous shape as well from exercise.  She doesn't strike me as very smart, though, and she seems kind of superficial.  I guess as a supermodel she didn't need to be an intellectual.

Respected Contributor

CB was on HSN last week and it seemed her face looked more pulled than before and her brow was quite arched. I think she launched her skin creams 3 years ago and she looked great then.

her pictures from around the time she divorced Peter Cook showed hooded eyelids and no space between the lid and brow. she has had an eyelift and maybe a browlift and it looks like a midface lift with filler. 

btw i was duped by the skin cream claims. live and learn