Trusted Contributor

I just reviewed the posts of the past 2 or 3 days and noticed a post about the quality of oils.  

I immediately thought of a question I've been wanting to pose to our community. My sister is an all-natural EVERYTHING girl.  She uses oils in her skin and beauty regimen on her hair and to treat various ailments. 

She lives quite a distance from me, we see each other 3 or 4 times a year.  I emailed her and mentioned some problems I was having with flaky scalp and small rough patches on my face.  She told me to buy MORINGA OIL and said she would email me some follow-up information.

Have any of you heard, know about or used MORINGA OIL?  What have you used it for; skin, hair or as a supplement?  If you're a MORINGA OIL user, what brand(s) do you recommend?   

Many thanks -

Respected Contributor

Very interesting.  I love oils for so many reasons.... tamanu, emu, etc,  but I've never used this one.  I just googled it and one of the main benefits that every articule has mentioned is moisturizing the scalp and strengthening the hair.  
You can always go on Amazon and read some of the reviews.....  I'm on my way now!

I'm curious to see if anyone has used this oil and which they recommend.

Honored Contributor

From the Garden of Wisdom website:

Moringa Oil is a highly regarded oil in the field of skin care.

Along with having a remarkable effect on the skin, it is also popular in massage oils, shaving preparations, hair products, sun care, etc. We think this oil will soon become one of your favorites!

Properties

- healing
- moisturizing
- absorbs quickly
- antioxidants
- anti-inflammatories
- extremely nutritious for the skin
- very stable

Botanical Name: Moringa Oleifera

Origin: India

Extraction Method: Cold Pressed, UNrefined

Color:  Pale Yellow to Green

Scent: Characteristic

Derived From:  The Seed

Contains:  oleic, palmitoleic and linoleic acid as well as being high in vitamins A and C

Base Oil:  can be used up to 100% strength

Shelf Life: 1 year plus (if kept refrigerated)

Application:  all skins, especially prematurely aged, sensitive, inflamed and dry, easily absorbed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee Thank you for all of the information!!  Wow!  I can see why she recommended the MORINGA OIL.  Now to find out the most recommended brand!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MORINGA OIL

[ Edited ]

I used moringa years ago. I don't recall the brand, but it was not from GoW, which company I trust whole-heartedly.

Really, found that moringa performed like any other oil. I was not necessarily treating any specific issue, just trying different oils. Moringa has more body than argan. The one I had purchased was very yellow in color.

(I don't know how much this helps one way or another.)