Trusted Contributor

Re: Chaz said protein can break hair

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

Chaz has consistently stated that he started creating his formulas over 20 years ago. My only regret is that I didn't discover him sooner and I was even living in the heart of Hollywood then. I would have loved to had been a 'test' subject.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Kjelle said:
On 1/19/2015 vickisok said:

I sure wish I knew what has happened with my hair and Wen. I have been a faithful user of Wen for quite a few years and have always been very happy with it, until recently. All of a sudden my hair has become very dry and brittle and I have not changed any of my haircare routine. I have very fine hair so use the Wen he recommends for that.

I am wondering if medication could be the problem as I am now on quite a few meds that I use to not be on. If so, I really don't know what to do as I need the meds.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue if they are on new meds.

Thank you

Vicki

If you are on any NSAIDS, most notably Naproxen, then I would definitely guess it is your meds. Others can do it but Naproxen is really known for breaking hair.

Really!!?? I didn't realize that, I take generic Aleve or Ibuprofen as needed over acetaminophen, I had no idea it caused damage to hair! Great.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 1/19/2015 quadmimi said:

So then would you say the FIG is the most "moisture" of any, seasonals or core or 613..? I guess I didn't think about the seasonal's having more protein than the core's... thanks

I personally feel summer honey peach has more moisture than fig or at least the same but a different kind of "moisture"- honey (SHP) vs glycerin based.

I wish SHP worked for me but it didn't, I have to use Fig mainly but can tolerate some mixing of other of the more moisturizing cores. But I mainly need Fig for my parched hair. And my hair is naturally blonde/wavy so it's on the normal/fine side, but it's always parched. Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

I'm still stuck on the naproxen thing, is it okay to use occasionally with no problem? Or does using it at all cause breakage? I've never of that problem.