Super Contributor

Re: Chaz said protein can break hair

On 1/20/2015 65and fabulous said:

I think Chaz will say whatever it takes to sell WEN.......too little protein, too much. Whatever.

My question is why, if WEN is all that we need, does he now push all the other products to go with it? The oil, the this and that........there are at least five other things he thinks we need also.

same as any other line. Oil & remoist to repair & heal, Styling creme to protect from dryers and to help those of us with natural curly frizzy/wiry hair.

Cleansing Conditioner is to replace normal shampoo & conditioner/creme rinse but still need styling products so yes he carries them also to make your hair even better!

#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 happywenner said:
On 1/20/2015 terrier3 said:

I think Chaz will say whatever it takes to sell WEN.......too little protein, too much. Whatever.

My question is why, if WEN is all that we need, does he now push all the other products to go with it? The oil, the this and that........there are at least five other things he thinks we need also.

I agree...he says whatever he thinks will sell product.

I don't buy the whole "New Age-y" stuff.

well you can say what you want but since I have had the privilege to have my hair done by Team WEN and use his products correctly I believe what he says is true and he only says what he believes is true. And I personally do not find it "new age-y" just a new way to cleanse your hair. Guess people thought that conditioner was new age-y 40 years ago when it was introduced into mass market.

I'm happy you are pleased with your results.

But Chaz doesn't have the one and only way to healthy hair.

Super Contributor

I agree...he says whatever he thinks will sell product.

I don't buy the whole "New Age-y" stuff.

well you can say what you want but since I have had the privilege to have my hair done by Team WEN and use his products correctly I believe what he says is true and he only says what he believes is true. And I personally do not find it "new age-y" just a new way to cleanse your hair. Guess people thought that conditioner was new age-y 40 years ago when it was introduced into mass market.

I'm happy you are pleased with your results.

But Chaz doesn't have the one and only way to healthy hair.

none of us say he does - just that it WORKS best for us and we like to share our great results and wish for others to have great hair!

Not everything works for everyone, but do not doubt when others say they have great results!

Namaste

#IamTeamWen
Super Contributor

I often wonder, why is seems others have issues with people believing in a stylist/product developer just because on tv/home shopping network but it is ok for them to believe in their stylist? They all start in the same place- some type of "beauty school" they all have to learn the same theories to obtain a license and to keep current with advancements & styles.

Anyone can believe in who they wish, I just wish the courtesy was granted to all- I will not put down any other Hair stylist nor product. I will tell what did & did not work for me. We all have different hair

same goes for anything- there is not only 1 thing for every one- we should embrace our differences and be happy that when anyone finds anything that makes them feel good because it works for them!

Namaste

#IamTeamWen
Valued Contributor

Hair is dead protein cells. Keratin.
Trusted Contributor

I often wonder, why is seems others have issues with people believing in a stylist/product developer just because on tv/home shopping network but it is ok for them to believe in their stylist? They all start in the same place- some type of "beauty school" they all have to learn the same theories to obtain a license and to keep current with advancements & styles.

Anyone can believe in who they wish, I just wish the courtesy was granted to all- I will not put down any other Hair stylist nor product. I will tell what did & did not work for me. We all have different hair

same goes for anything- there is not only 1 thing for every one- we should embrace our differences and be happy that when anyone finds anything that makes them feel good because it works for them!

Namaste

ditto!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 rac71 said: Hair is dead protein cells. Keratin.

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 rac71 said: Hair is dead protein cells. Keratin.

Thank you.

You are welcome. Protein cannot break protein. Be aware and take such comments with a grain of salt. Same with "natural" being best. Poison ivy, oak and sumac are natural. Many "natural" oils are known irritants. Poison ivy, oak and sumac have powerful essential oils, yet no sane person would rush to use them as the next great as a beauty ingredient.
Super Contributor

http://www.hairboutique.com/ask-karen_p/index.php/too-much-hair-protein/

Dear Anna,

Human hair is a tough fibrous protein consisting primarily of keratin. Protein makes our strands strong, enabling them to grow long and be healthy.

Some people believe adding extra protein to hair in the form of treatments will make it even stronger. Unfortunately,adding too much protein to hair can actually cause more harm than good.

Are You Overdosing Your Hair With Protein?

Consumers make the mistake of thinking protein moisturizes hair. It doesn’t. It strengthens it.

Even if you’re not specifically applying protein packs you may still be overdosing your hair without even being aware of it.

Products heavily infused with soy protein, silk amino acids, wheat protein and keratin add protein to your tresses, whether you’re aware of it or not. The more protein you apply, the more risk you could be overdosing.

There’s another problem with too much protein. It can throw off the natural moisture balance making hair more prone to breakage, frizz and damage.

Of course if you over hydrate, you might have the reverse problem of causing an imbalance of the hair’s protein level.

Over-hydration occurs with overuse of products with humectant ingredients such as Shea butter, vegetable glycerin, jojoba and similar.

Performing too many deep conditioning treatments can also cause as many problems as too many protein treatments.

#IamTeamWen
Respected Contributor

Just browsing here so I really believe the other poster is right. Chaz is the one, not anyone else. I heard Chaz say HE is the one contriving these products. No one else. He says what goes in and how it's made, etc.