Super Contributor

Re: CeraVe ingredient changes 🤔

I was wondering why my skin was burning when I was using the hydrating cleanser.  Used a bottle last year, was fine, never burned, loved it.  Bought a 2nd bottle, face burned.  Oh well, everytime Loreal buys someone out, I quit buying the product.  They always seem to cheapen the ingredients.  arghhh

Respected Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

I was wondering why my skin was burning when I was using the hydrating cleanser.  Used a bottle last year, was fine, never burned, loved it.  Bought a 2nd bottle, face burned.  Oh well, everytime Loreal buys someone out, I quit buying the product.  They always seem to cheapen the ingredients.  arghhh

The cleansers don't appear to have lye in them.  I wonder what's making it burn?  I'm using the foaming cleanser and don't have a problem with it - yet.

Respected Contributor

I use their hydrating cleanser and never had a problem. I bought a new bottle late last year, no problem so far but only used it a few times. 

Ugh, I didnt realize they were bought out by L'Oreal.  Geez, do these people just buy up everything. 

Honored Contributor

First Aid Beauty is not recommended by Paula Begoun.  It has menthol in it. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I use CeraVe moisturizing cream for my body.  I hope they haven't changed the ingredients for that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

Well I've learned my lesson on buying 4 or 5 bottles at a time when it's on sale. Thankfully Target took them back without a problem.

I'm thinking of trying Josie's Argan Oil from head to toe. I do like the fact that it's just 1 ingredient. I'm more afraid of the cost though. I already own a couple bottles, I'm going to give it a shot.

@shiloh 81, there are a lot of sources where you can get 100% organic, pure, first cold pressed argan oil for much cheaper than Josie's, if you want to go that route. 

Super Contributor

I decided to try Cetaphil daily advance lotion with Shea butter. Paula gives it 4 stars. It's not to bad. I'll have to give it time, hopefully I don't breakout. It does feel nice on the body though.