Esteemed Contributor

Re: CeraVe ingredient changes 🤔

Exactly when did this formula change happen?  I started using CereVe a year ago and like the PM moisturizer (use it both AM and PM) and the foaming cleanser.  I haven't noticed a change since I've been using it.  Just bought a new bottle of the moisturizer last week - haven't opened it yet.  

Man oh man!  I hate it when they change formulas on products I like.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I'm assuming very recently within a couple months, because I saw some old packaging stuff on sale at Walmart but I got the newer packaging instead because I just figured it's newer stock. The new CeraVe pm and moisturizing lotion has a blue cap not white and the hydrating cleanser has a green cap instead of white

Super Contributor

Forgot to add my husband, cousin, brother and nephew all use the hydrating cleanser and said they haven't noticed a difference on there skin. 

Super Contributor

I agree about the Aveeno it definitely leaves a film

Super Contributor

I bought the hydrating cleanser a few weeks ago and after a day or so my face was really red after using it and I immediately stopped using it. I am very disappointed to find out about the new ingredients. I have really sensitive skin and hoped this would work for me. I didn't know they had been bought out. 

Super Contributor

I've used the PM face lotion day and night for around 3 years and have not noticed any change

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can anyone who has old packing post the old ingredients vs the new ingredients?  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I still had them to show the difference in ingredients. The Pm face lotion had very different ingredients. The hydrating cleanser only had a few different and in different order. I can't remember what the moisturizing lotion was but that just makes my face burn and chap. Again I've used it for years, it just makes me sad because I'm super sensitive.

Super Contributor

Not sure if anyone is interested but there is some reviews on Paula's Choice about CeraVe Pm changing ingredients. It said they will be updated there review on it. Peoples reviews are not good either with new formula change

Honored Contributor

When I get home tonight, I'm going to look on the back of my CeraVe moisturizing cleanser and see what the ingredients are.  My bottles have the white cap.