Honored Contributor

Careprost users- Specifically Brows

For those of you who use Careprost on your brows, have you had your brows, not the skin beneath, darken?  I'm thinking of getting it, but not sure if I want to use it on my brows or stick with the Grande Brow which does darken my brows.  I don't think it is necessarily supposed to, but it does for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Careprost users- Specifically Brows

[ Edited ]

Using it for just shy of 90 days and no issues with any darkening or other irritation.

Getting some regrowth but it also grows out the grey hairs so I keep tinting.

I also use Anastasia's Dip Brow Gel. There's a learning curve to it but good color payoff. Ulta has a trial size online for $9.

Respected Contributor

No brow darkening for me, and I’ve used it for years.

Honored Contributor

My brow hair is the same and not darker after months of using Careprost.

Honored Contributor

OK, thanks.  Guess I'll stick with the Grande Brow then for the brows and just use Careprost on the lashes.  I like that my brows are dark again.  My brows have never been full, so they also aren't now, but at least there's more than age and hypothyroidism took from me.  

Honored Contributor

Last summer I tried Rapidbrow, same thing happened to me, used it for 4 weeks and suddenlyI began to notice that the skin under my brows was so dark, it looked like i was wearing a charcoal shade of eye shadow. I was horrified, saw the same comments in some of the reviews. Stopped using it immediately and i can still see a slight darkening under there. Beware!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Copper peptides used on the skin where hair grows, for some people, will not only increase the growth but it can also make the hair darker by stimulating melanin (hair color pigment) production in the hair follicles.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle, I'm not talking about the skin underneath, but the brow hair itself.  I have no darkening of the skin.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle, I'm not talking about the skin underneath, but the brow hair itself.  I have no darkening of the skin.

Sorry, I misunderstood, yes some of these serums are supposed to darken the brows, this helps them to look fuller, that would have been fine with me, but it was also my skin that was darkening. after reading reviews, I see this happens a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle, RapidLash has changed it's formula several times to the point that it no longer works for me.  They removed the prostaglandin that mimic'd the active ingredient in Latisse due to FDA pressure and then it was no longer effective.  I'm not sure why other lash serums can still use prostaglandins when RapidLash can't.  However, the skin darkening effect is also seen with Latisse as well as eye color changes.