Honored Contributor

Re: Careprost users- Specifically Brows

I am sticking with isomers Stem Genesis for lashes, use it on lashes and brows, ilike the sponge tip applicator, and have no issues with it. Is it a miracle worker, no, but better than using nothing. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I finally bit the bullet and ordered from ADC.  However my transaction was denied.  Called and talked to them and they sent me a secure link, so we'll see if that works.  I'm wondering if it's that I'm using my Credit Union account vs a bank account.  I know the routing and account numbers work for other things as I just set up some investments to put my dividends into that account rather than sending me checks.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee, I finally bit the bullet and ordered from ADC.  However my transaction was denied.  Called and talked to them and they sent me a secure link, so we'll see if that works.  I'm wondering if it's that I'm using my Credit Union account vs a bank account.  I know the routing and account numbers work for other things as I just set up some investments to put my dividends into that account rather than sending me checks.

@Icegoddess 

I place my orders will ADC using my credit union. Never had any problems. Did your CU refuse to pay or did ADC refuse the payment?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, good to know.  I don't really know.  The CS rep just said it happens sometimes and that he would send me a secure link to enter the info again.  It'll take a day or so to find out if it processed this time.

Honored Contributor

I bought RapidLash a few months ago for use on my lashes. I noticed some darkening on my eyelid but nothing horrible.  However, I didn't notice anything really being done for my lashes after going through the entire tube.

Where are you all buying Careprost from?  I found it on a website (cannot remember the name) and the price wasn't bad but the s/h was crazy outrageous.  Like nearly $20.00.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I bought RapidLash a few months ago for use on my lashes. I noticed some darkening on my eyelid but nothing horrible.  However, I didn't notice anything really being done for my lashes after going through the entire tube.

Where are you all buying Careprost from?  I found it on a website (cannot remember the name) and the price wasn't bad but the s/h was crazy outrageous.  Like nearly $20.00.

@Lipstickdiva 

I've been buying my Careprost from AllDayChemist dot com. No Rx needed. That is an overseas pharmacy in India. The price of one bottle of the Careprost there is around $13 but when you buy multiples then the price can go down to under $12 per bottle. Shipping cost is a flat-rate $15 per order but sometimes they offer free shipping for orders of a certain amount, usually between 75 and 100 and sometimes more or less. The best thing to do is to order in batches, not just one bottle, and that way the shipping charge is justified. ADC is good about sending long-dated products so no worries there.

ADC accepts eCHECKs only. There are some exceptions to that where some customers have paid by CC, but that method of payment requires you to verify your identity by giving them copy of certain documents (via email), for instance, your driver's license or some other kind of picture ID. eCHECKs otoh are a very secure method of payment and if you are not familiar with it then I highly recommend the eCHECK dot org website for info about it. Here:

http://echeck.org/what-is-an-echeck/

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee apparently my Credit Union is declining.  I think they are just a very secure CU.  Anyways, ADC is telling me to do a couple of things, one of which is an SMS stating that I am authorizing such payment.  Is an SMS the same thing as a text message?  I'm wondering if I shouldn't just use my regular bank checking account.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva , RapidLash has changed their formula over the years eventually bowing to FDA pressure to remove the prostaglandin which mimics the active ingredient in Latisse.  Some of the other lash growth companies still use a prostaglandin including Grande Lash and Brow and I believe Rodan & Fields.  RapidLash used to work for me, but not since they removed that ingredient.  The darkening you speak of is a known possible side effect of the prostaglandins AND Latisse.  And they both could also cause eye color changes which is not temporary.  Both of those side effects were always mentioned in the commercials for Latisse.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee apparently my Credit Union is declining.  I think they are just a very secure CU.  Anyways, ADC is telling me to do a couple of things, one of which is an SMS stating that I am authorizing such payment.  Is an SMS the same thing as a text message?  I'm wondering if I shouldn't just use my regular bank checking account.

Yes, 'SMS' is the same thing as texting.

Your bank checking should work. I'm surprised your CU is not authorizing payment to ADC....hmmm.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Yes, 'SMS' is the same thing as texting.

Your bank checking should work. I'm surprised your CU is not authorizing payment to ADC....hmmm.

Well, my regular bank account went through with no problem.  I guess I should be thankful my CU is so careful with my money.  I could've persisted but I would have to actually write a check and send the image to to ADC along with the very specific SMS saying that I authorized that specific amount of money using that specific check number.  I was thinking it might be a continual problem and I don't want to have to do that every time I place an order, so decided to go with my regular checking account.  Not like there's a huge amount of difference in the amount of money in either.  I use the CU account as a savings account, but keep most of the money in the savings side and much less in the checking side.  They're also the only credit card account that I have to either physically go to pay or transfer money from one of those accounts to pay unless I allow several days for the payment to go through from my regular checking account.

I got a 3 pk due to the flat rate shipping.