Esteemed Contributor

Cancelling an order..HSN/QVC

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

I tried to cancel an order from the Q...maybe a couple of hours after I placed the order..said it was processing and could NOT be cancelled. I know at HSN you have all day to cancel..I called CS and she told me the same..once you order, its processing and it can't be cancelled..I know for a fact I was able to cancel an order not long ago..!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancelling an order..HSN/QVC

Over the past month, I have been able to cancel a couple of QVC orders, after over a year of not being able to cancel anything.  I now order only what I absolutely want to buy so that I don't have to consider cancelling.

Honored Contributor

It's been this way at Q for quite a while now, you can't cancel within a few minutes of placing the order.

It used to be that CS could cancel for you within a few minutes, but not any more.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I had the same issue.  After multiple conversations with CS, I was told to return the item and I would not be charged the $6.95.  To add insult to this, I received an automated call telling me the item would be delayed in shipping by 7-10 days and I still couldn't cancel it!!!!  It finally arrived and I took it to the post office that same day.  I'm still waiting for the return to process.

My guess is that by not allowing the customer to cancel an order they are counting on the customer keeping the item.  If it is returned, they are still making a profit from the return charge.

I also find it unnecessary to charge multiple shipping fees when everything is thrown into the same plastic bag for shipping.  Management is getting a little too greedy IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Like I said in another post here,, I think that is ,"Customer Abuse" !

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I had the same issue.  After multiple conversations with CS, I was told to return the item and I would not be charged the $6.95.  To add insult to this, I received an automated call telling me the item would be delayed in shipping by 7-10 days and I still couldn't cancel it!!!!  It finally arrived and I took it to the post office that same day.  I'm still waiting for the return to process.

My guess is that by not allowing the customer to cancel an order they are counting on the customer keeping the item.  If it is returned, they are still making a profit from the return charge.

I also find it unnecessary to charge multiple shipping fees when everything is thrown into the same plastic bag for shipping.  Management is getting a little too greedy IMO.

Ita...I will end up keeping the item, but I won't be ordering from the Q! Woman Mad

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Like I said in another post here,, I think that is ,"Customer Abuse" !

I agree...the CS agent was rude as well...! Woman Sad

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I believe HSN still allows orders to be cancelled by midnight of the same day of the order.  Wonder how long that will last.  They are so much more customer-friendly than QVC.  Got another 20% off coupie today, for example.  And on their craft days, $5 maximum shipping of craft items for the entire day.  And you don't even have to order all at once.  You can go in and out all day long and their sophisticated computer system recalculates the shipping.  (That $5 gets pro-rated across all your craft orders for that day.)

Esteemed Contributor

@emmysmom 

I have been keeping all my MANY orders I went overboard buying this season. My daughter has made out like a bandit with all the clothing that did not fit me ,so  I gave them  to her...lol

But I will NOT  buy anymore!

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@emmysmom 

I have been keeping all my MANY orders I went overboard buying this season. My daughter has made out like a bandit with all the clothing that did not fit me ,so  I gave them  to her...lol

But I will NOT  buy anymore!

I totally understand! I feel the same...who wants to give your money to a company that doesn't care??? I won't be buying either~

-- Mae West